Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Really nice game (/series of games)

Tried these games that were in my back log, but weren't my cup of tea so they got deleted;
- Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (even though I loved loads of games from the series)
- Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor. Felt too much to start with, weird intro and after 5 minutes you're out in the full game. No easing into it. Just couldn't get me into it. Loved the LotR books and movies, but this game won't float my boat.
- The Evil Within: seemed a cool game, but it froze up on me two times in ten minutes. Seems it hasn't been updated for a long long time and maybe it's not really compatible with the latest PlayStation firmware or something, dunno, but I'm not playing something that crashes/freezes too much.
- Bloodborne: a Playstation essential game, but the setting, graphics style and controls really sucked imho.

The I started The Witcher 3 (@MisterSavage !!) but then I realised Final Fantasy 7 Remake is "only" 50 days from now and that game is priority 1 and I really don't want to put The Witcher 3 aside and pick it up after FF7R, nor rush the game, so I started Far Cry 3, which I only discovered recently, can be downloaded for free when you have Far Cry 5 (Maybe only Gold edition or something, but I could download it at least).

I knew it! Maybe during the downtime give Shadow of Mordor another shot. That game is so good, but it's no Witcher 3.

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Just started Mutant Year Zero. Never could get into Xcom but I'm enjoying it in the early hours. They really don't do a good job explaining how things work. The default difficulty level is "hard" so I think they expect you to be familiar with tactical games.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Finally getting around to playing The Outer Worlds - recently bought it on a sale. Whew - completely love this game, even though I made stupid mistake accepting one ‘flaw’ I should have denied (the extra perk wasn’t worth it!)

Also playing Divinity Original Sin 2 on the Switch. Originally played on PC, fun getting back into this with a different character build (Battle Mage)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
15 days until ‘Doom Eternal’ releases. Pretty excited for this one, especially being it was delayed six months in order to ‘post polish’ everything, and I think Bethesda really wants to Make this particular Doom a knockout, especially the heritage that it’s carried over the course of 20 years.

Side note:

‘Ghost of Tsushima’ Finally has a release date in December 2020 (31st), not really that shocking, especially they want to launch around the release of the next GEN consoles.

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
15 days until ‘Doom Eternal’ releases. Pretty excited for this one, especially being a it was delayed six months in order to ‘post polish’ everything, and I think Bethesda really wants to Make this particular Doom a knockout, especially the heritage that it’s miscarried over the course of 20 years.

Side note:

‘Ghost of Tsushima’ Finally has a release date in December 2020 (31st), not really that shocking, especially they want to launch around the release of the next GEN consoles.

December? It's released in June.

And it looks mighty good! Not going to pick it up on release though, will buy it during black friday 2020 or something.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
December? It's released in June.

And it looks mighty good! Not going to pick it up on release though, will buy it during black friday 2020 or something.

Yeah, June 2020 is correct. I confused December for their initial recent trailer/announcement at the ‘Game awards’ in Los Angeles.

But the second quarter for gaming is turning out some _huge_ releases with ‘Doom’ in March, Resident Evil 3 [Nemesis] in April, The last of us 2 in May and now Ghosts of Tsushima in June.

And.... I still have at least three other major titles to finish with Days gone, start ‘Shadow of the tomb raider’ and ‘Rage 2.’ I seriously need to pick up the pace.😁

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Yeah, June 2020 is correct. I confused December for their initial recent trailer/announcement at the ‘Game awards’ in Los Angeles.

But the second quarter for gaming is turning out some _huge_ releases with ‘Doom’ in March, Resident Evil 3 [Nemesis] in April, The last of us 2 in May and now Ghosts of Tsushima in June.

And.... I still have at least three other major titles to finish with Days gone, start ‘Shadow of the tomb raider’ and ‘Rage 2.’ I seriously need to pick up the pace.?

Don't forget Cyberpunk 2077 in september and Final Fantasy VII Remake in April ;-)

I just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I really loved it. They kept the same recipe as the two previous games, but improved the things that could be improved. The series really matured and I would love a fourth installment.

Days Gone is still on my "to buy"-list, and I have The Witcher 3 on my gaming schedule for the summer.

What a luxurious time to live in as a gamer. I remember as a kid that I'd have one game to play for months and months. Triple A releases were a rarity and now we get tons of awesome games.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Did you get the Warlords update? Not tried that yet.

Currently playing the Division 2. While timely, probably not the best choice of games anxiety wise.

Have been enjoying it though, just roaming around. After playing Destiny 1 & 2 so long, it's nice to approach another game without the 'gotta grind' mindset.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Well bought Sekiro last year which was extremely difficult so i cheated half of the game and finished it. This year i was planning to give it a second try but mehhh now i found it boooring.

SWTOR is my game however with lazy developers game's ded.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Just finished Far Cry 3 Classic mode, that I got for free with Far Cry 5. Still a good game albeit the graphics are dated and some mechanics limited (since I played FC4/5/ND).

Still counting down to Final Fantasy VII Remake on Apr, 10th. Going to play Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human now because I read they're both good and short. Don't want to be playing a game when FF7R gets released, because that game is going to get shoved on the side fast.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I think I'll be finishing Mutant Year Zero today. Probably will move to Control next.

Still counting down to Final Fantasy VII Remake on Apr, 10th. Going to play Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human now because I read they're both good and short. Don't want to be playing a game when FF7R gets released, because that game is going to get shoved on the side fast.

What about The Wit........

• Haha
Reactions: BlankStar

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
DOOM 64 on the Switch...

Ah, memories... ;)

See my avatar....😁[Yes, I’m overly hyped for Doom-Eternal, which I ordered via Amazon Prime, should be here by Saturday.]

I’ve been a long time Doom player, we’re talking since the PC days before it even made its way to the console.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
See my avatar....?[Yes, I’m overly hyped for Doom-Eternal, which I ordered via Amazon Prime, should be here by Saturday.]

I’ve been a long time Doom player, we’re talking since the PC days before it even made its way to the console.

It's the game that made me upgrade my 386SX system with Hercules Green Screen Graphics monitor to a VGA Card and NEC Flat 14" CRT monitor... ;)

I have the shareware floppies somewhere... :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that DOOM-Eternal will be the benchmark/demo game for the PS5 and XBox Series X consoles...:)

Gonna be around $40 by november - will sell out.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You have no idea how hard it was for me to find a copy of ‘Doom Eternal’. First I ordered it from my Amazon Prime account, which I received an email ‘After-the-fact’ stating it wasn’t shipping until mid April due to the pandemic, so I canceled my pre-order. (Game Stops/Target are closed.)

Then couldn’t find a copy near me, until Best Buy only had one, which they had to do this ‘curbside delivery’, because they don’t allow customers in the store to due the pandemic.

It looks amazing on HDR content on my Samsung QLED coupled with my twin-JBL set up 5.1 surround.

But alas, it’s everything critics are saying and more:

DCEB3BD4-AB3F-48D7-A91E-399F2420E11B.jpeg

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Since I'm working hard to work away my backlog, I started Heavy Rain. Don't like the actions where you have to wave around your controller, but I'm surely digging the story. Guess Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human are next. (if there's enough time before FF7R gets released)

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Since I'm working hard to work away my backlog, I started Heavy Rain. Don't like the actions where you have to wave around your controller, but I'm surely digging the story. Guess Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human are next. (if there's enough time before FF7R gets released)
Just make sure you are buying FF7R digital. ;)

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018

I know who the killer is!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.