Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Started Resident Evil 2 remake a few days ago. I only play it when it's complete dark to immerse myself in the terror atmosphere love terror games!

Really awesome game and looking so forward to the 3 remake now.

I'll wait until I can get it for 20€ just like with this one. After I finish got to continue with God of War. Left that a few months ago for Smash, which is still addicting.

I also have about 10 PS4 games in my backlog that I need to finish before making any more purchases. Too many games and too little time.

Reactions: BlankStar

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Started Resident Evil 2 remake a few days ago. I only play it when it's complete dark to immerse myself in the terror atmosphere love terror games!

Really awesome game and looking so forward to the 3 remake now.

I'll wait until I can get it for 20€ just like with this one. After I finish got to continue with God of War. Left that a few months ago for Smash, which is still addicting.

I also have about 10 PS4 games in my backlog that I need to finish before making any more purchases. Too many games and too little time.

RE2 remake was awesome and props to Capcom. I was playing it exactly this time last year when it was released. Some of the backtracking can be frustrating, (the puzzles are kind of Mundane at times), but I enjoyed every second of it. Resident Evil 3 remake will help me cope with the loss of Cyberpunk when it releases in April this year.😁

Reactions: Sensamic

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I bought the remake of RE2 a couple of weeks ago during the january sales. Added it to my long backlog :p

I remember that game freaked me out back in the day. I need to play the remake.

I remember freaking out so hard I pulled the controller and my PSX fell to the ground with the disc flying out. Double panic it was. Luckily the PSX and disc were ok. It remember had something to do with an interrogation room in the police station. You enter the room where you can see through the mirror and then go out and enter the other side and then something jumps through the mirror but since you just were on the other side you absolutely didn't expect it. Motherf... who came up with that :p

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
- Witcher 3, again
- Ni No Kuni Remastered
- Rocket League, still
- Overwatch
- and there's a backlog waiting...

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I remember freaking out so hard I pulled the controller and my PSX fell to the ground with the disc flying out. Double panic it was. Luckily the PSX and disc were ok. It remember had something to do with an interrogation room in the police station. You enter the room where you can see through the mirror and then go out and enter the other side and then something jumps through the mirror but since you just were on the other side you absolutely didn't expect it. Motherf... who came up with that :p

Nothing tops the dog jumping through the window in RE1. Almost had a heart attack. Survival horror wasn't a thing yet an we poor souls had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
Just finished Fallen Order ... wow, GREAT GAME! Debating about jumping back in Horizon Zero Dawn for a second play-through or starting GoW.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
GoW was amazing. I had grown kind of bored with the series but the last one shocked me with its quality.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Is Gears of War really that good? I might have to try it, on PC.
Rather bored of The Division 2, and it is probably because my DPS is rather low. Takes me 2 clips to kill a yellow NPC. Ugh, the pain...

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Just picked up a PS4 used. (6 weeks old) for a decent price to scratch my gaming itch. I had a gaming PC last year and played Destiny 2 which I enjoyed, so I've installed that and bought the Upgrade Edition to give me access to Forsaken and Shadowkeep. I've linked up my cross save so all my progress has come across from the PC which is awesome. I'm a very casual player so this should keep me busy for quite a while. I have Horizon Zero Dawn coming too which I picked up sealed for £10.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Making pretty good progress with Mass Effect: Andromeda. My actions are starting to feel more relevant, it’s really not a bad game. Feels just a little cheap and cheesy compared to the original trilogy, but I am invested now and enjoying the game.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Finished Rise of the Tomb Raider two days ago. Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday. I really enjoyed Rise of the TR. Nicely balanced and clean mechanics. First impression of Shadow of the TR is that the graphics are a lot cleaner and they kept those nice mechanics and just added some new tricks. Hope the story is entertaining and then I'm sure it will be another nice game.

Reactions: circatee

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Making pretty good progress with Mass Effect: Andromeda. My actions are starting to feel more relevant, it’s really not a bad game. Feels just a little cheap and cheesy compared to the original trilogy, but I am invested now and enjoying the game.

It really is a good game. No, not nearly as good as the original trilogy, but it got a lot of hate for all the early glitches. Game should have been delayed a few months, but they rushed it out. That's just EA being EA. What really sucks is that we probably won't get any sequels because of the lukewarm reception.

that new star wars game!

Just started that one myself. Liking it so far.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Still with ‘Days Gone’. Its a goal to finish this one before ‘Doom eternal’ releases in exactly a month.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Really nice game (/series of games)

Tried these games that were in my back log, but weren't my cup of tea so they got deleted;
- Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (even though I loved loads of games from the series)
- Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor. Felt too much to start with, weird intro and after 5 minutes you're out in the full game. No easing into it. Just couldn't get me into it. Loved the LotR books and movies, but this game won't float my boat.
- The Evil Within: seemed a cool game, but it froze up on me two times in ten minutes. Seems it hasn't been updated for a long long time and maybe it's not really compatible with the latest PlayStation firmware or something, dunno, but I'm not playing something that crashes/freezes too much.
- Bloodborne: a Playstation essential game, but the setting, graphics style and controls really sucked imho.

The I started The Witcher 3 (@MisterSavage !!) but then I realised Final Fantasy 7 Remake is "only" 50 days from now and that game is priority 1 and I really don't want to put The Witcher 3 aside and pick it up after FF7R, nor rush the game, so I started Far Cry 3, which I only discovered recently, can be downloaded for free when you have Far Cry 5 (Maybe only Gold edition or something, but I could download it at least).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.