Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Been playing a ton of Apex Legends. I've plateaued in the Diamond Rank, it's a struggle getting positive points now lol.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Kind of surprised how Control is popping up on some GOTY lists. That one flew under the radar for me. I need to check that out.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
The Witcher series got released on Netflix. Is it safe to watch? Or will it spoil stuff?

I have only watched the first episode so far, but what I had read was that it was based on the books rather than directly echoing the structure of the games. So watching the show will introduce many of the same characters and settings, but not direct story moments from the games. At least that is how I understand it - and first episode confirms that.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Just turned my Xbox on, for the first time in almost a year. So, about to try to finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

PS: For the past year, I have been playing games via my PC. So, this will be bloody interesting using a controller. LOL

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Just finished Oceanhorn 2 on :apple: Arcade, and finally started to play Breath of the Wild on my Switch. I also play Spaceland (1-3 missions a day) in between...

Reactions: George Dawes

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just downloaded State of Decay 2 and unwisely stayed up way past my bedtime (I’m 36) figuring it out. I might be a bit grumpy at this evening’s festivities. ? It was fun—if not a bit overwhelming.

Reactions: txa1265

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Oh my, I can hardly aim with a controller. This is what happens when you've been playing with keyboard and mouse for so long.

The struggle is real...

Reactions: txa1265

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Oh my, I can hardly aim with a controller. This is what happens when you've been playing with keyboard and mouse for so long.

The struggle is real...

So true! I picked up an XBOX controller for my PC to play Jedi Fallen Order ... and even though the game was clearly meant for a controller ... my hands were not! But then again it took me a bit to switch to playing FPS games with a mouse!

Reactions: circatee

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I’d be interested to know if this game is any good...
I finished it a week ago and enjoyed it overall, but it is a different sort of game. I thought the first third or so (up through "Episode 4") really dragged, but it picks up after that and starts to make more sense.

It has a lot of cutscenes, so sometimes you feel like you are watching a movie with some package delivery in between.

I'd say it is for sure worth the $35 if you can find it for that price.

Reactions: circatee

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
The Witcher series got released on Netflix. Is it safe to watch? Or will it spoil stuff?
Haven't played Witcher 3 in a while, but there is enough that is different, that I doubt it would ruin anything. The story is apparently close to the books, than the game.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Got a PS4 Pro after my PS4 died. Played through the main story on Horizon Zero Dawn, such a great game. Moving onto Control on my One X next and will be returning to World of Warcraft on Jan 14th. Still got to finish last of us, god of war. Been trying to get into The Witcher 3 but the beginning of the game is slow AF, will try to pick away at it over the holidays.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Got a PS4 Pro after my PS4 died. Played through the main story on Horizon Zero Dawn, such a great game. Moving onto Control on my One X next and will be returning to World of Warcraft on Jan 14th. Still got to finish last of us, god of war. Been trying to get into The Witcher 3 but the beginning of the game is slow AF, will try to pick away at it over the holidays.

The beginning of W3 is really slow. It's the longest tutorial ever (I didn't play RDR2). Hang in there. It's so worth it!

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Just started Death Stranding and holy hell this game is weird. It feels so weird to be controlling Normal Reedus but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Reactions: BlankStar

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Lol, didn't even realize I did that. I like it but so far I'm really confused what I'm supposed to be doing when I encounter BT's.
For the first few chapters, your best way to deal with them is to avoid them completely. Watch your odradek and make sure to crouch and hold your breath as soon as it starts spinning. Later on you'll get a modification to your wristband from Mama to cut their umbilical cords, which allows you to clear areas of BTs and collect chiral crystals at the same time.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
For the first few chapters, your best way to deal with them is to avoid them completely. Watch your odradek and make sure to crouch and hold your breath as soon as it starts spinning.

Ok, thanks! I'm still in chapter 2 so glad to hear I'm not missing something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.