Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Lol, didn't even realize I did that. I like it but so far I'm really confused what I'm supposed to be doing when I encounter BT's.
To add to what @myscrnnm said, when resting in your room, use the toilet and that will give you these tubes of stuff in your private locker that can be used to kill the BTs. Just take the tubes out of your locker with your gear before you head out. Then when you are trapped by BT's, equip a tube and toss it at them to kill them. I want to say the tubes are called ED-2 (I may be misremembering here).

Reactions: MisterSavage

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
To add to what @myscrnnm said, when resting in your room, use the toilet and that will give you these tubes of stuff in your private locker that can be used to kill the BTs. Just take the tubes out of your locker with your gear before you head out. Then when you are trapped by BT's, equip a tube and toss it at them to kill them. I want to say the tubes are called ED-2 (I may be misremembering here).

Thanks! I did that out of desperation. I was just tossing it blindly but I forgot you could scan and get a better idea of where they are.

The biggest thing that still confuses me is if you aren't on foot and they appear. Do you get on foot and try and kill them all or just try to blast through that section? Every time I've tried to just blast through I get my butt kicked.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
The biggest thing that still confuses me is if you aren't on foot and they appear. Do you get on foot and try and kill them all or just try to blast through that section? Every time I've tried to just blast through I get my butt kicked.
I had mixed results in vehicles. If it was somewhat flat terrain without a bunch of boulders laying around, I was often able to kick the vehicle afterburner in and outrun them. But otherwise, I did not have much luck and would jump off the bike or truck and try to sneak through or kill them.

Reactions: MisterSavage

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I had mixed results in vehicles. If it was somewhat flat terrain without a bunch of boulders laying around, I was often able to kick the vehicle afterburner in and outrun them. But otherwise, I did not have much luck and would jump off the bike or truck and try to sneak through or kill them.
That really helps. Thanks again!

Reactions: Weaselboy

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just wrapped up RDR 2. What an amazing game, there’s really not much I need to say about it. I think what immersed me the most in the game was the environments of what you traversed into different types of landscape/weather/animal life. It just captivated me, and the lighting and overall sound depth totally delivered to help create that player immersion.

The storyline was ‘good’, I don’t think it necessarily pushed me to want to keep playing just to see ‘what happens next’ per se, as I found myself wanting to explore every square inch of the map that would physically allow me to.

Rockstar truly is....well..a Rockstar. 😁

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Just wrapped up RDR 2. What an amazing game, there’s really not much I need to say about it. I think what immersed me the most in the game was the environments of what you traversed into different types of landscape/weather/animal life. It just captivated me, and the lighting and overall sound depth totally delivered to help create that player immersion.

The storyline was ‘good’, I don’t think it necessarily pushed me to want to keep playing just to see ‘what happens next’ per se, as I found myself wanting to explore every square inch of the map that would physically allow me to.

Rockstar truly is....well..a Rockstar. ?

"Just have some faith Arthur! for God's sake! Just one more big score!" ;)

I finished it last month, loved every bit of it. Didn't go for the platinum trophy because it included Read Dead Online trophies and I'm not interested in playing online. (not for this game anyways)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
"Just have some faith Arthur! for God's sake! Just one more big score!" ;)

I finished it last month, loved every bit of it. Didn't go for the platinum trophy because it included Read Dead Online trophies and I'm not interested in playing online. (not for this game anyways)

I never cared for online gameplay with RDR2, just the main storyline/plot. It was such a great title, one of my top favorites of all time from Rockstar.

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Finished Spaceland, on to Starfox (via Virtual SNES Console on Switch) and No Way Home on :apple:Arcade.
Still playing Zelda, it seems that i can play this for the rest of the year.

BTW: My 9 year old watched me playing Zelda, now he want‘s to lend my Switch every day.

Reactions: txa1265

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Finished Spaceland, on to Starfox (via Virtual SNES Console on Switch) and No Way Home on :apple:Arcade.
Still playing Zelda, it seems that i can play this for the rest of the year.

BTW: My 9 year old watched me playing Zelda, now he want‘s to lend my Switch every day.

Nice, you can use it do make him do chores around the house. Life lesson that hard works yields nice rewards. ;)

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Jedi Fallen order is on my "to buy list" :) Together with several games... Incl Death Stranding for example. But i'm trying not buy anything anymore. (Except for TLoU2 & FF7R, pre-ordered for ages now)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I didn’t know where else to post this (As I thought other gamers alike would want to be informed), as I was having a conversation just yesterday about how I was looking forward to April for Cyberpunk 2077.....

But CDProjektRed says otherwise as of today.....unfortunately——

D047F4FD-5AC3-4AA1-8486-1B15139AF8E3.png

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I didn’t know where else to post this (As I thought other gamers alike would want to be informed), as I was having a conversation just yesterday about how I was looking forward to April for Cyberpunk 2077.....

But CDProjektRed says otherwise as of today.....unfortunately——

View attachment 888966

nooooooooooooooooooooo

I guess I will have time for the FF7 remake in April. :(

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
nooooooooooooooooooooo

I guess I will have time for the FF7 remake in April. :(

If you look at the trend in gaming, Rockstar, Naughty dog and CD Projeckt Red have all delayed their major releases, as frustrating as it is, [because we are so close to a launch], they really want to deliver the best experience and by all means, I can wait the extra time.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
If you look at the trend in gaming, Rockstar, Naughty dog and CD Projeckt Red have all delayed their major releases, as frustrating as it is, [because we are so close to a launch], they really want to deliver the best experience and by all means, I can wait the extra time.

I was actually expecting it but hoping against hope it wouldn't happen. I agree though and would much rather wait and receive a better game when it's out.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You think maybe some game devs are dragging their feet to have new releases ready for the new XBox and PS5 in the fall rather than release now?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You think maybe some game devs are dragging their feet to have new releases ready for the new XBox and PS5 in the fall rather than release now?

Absolutely. And it’s more marketing. CDPR claims that the game is actually complete, they just want more ‘polishing work’. Which may be true, but they also know that the new consoles are launching shortly after. I think we will know more during the E3 conference in June as well

Reactions: Weaselboy

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Having played WAY too many “Just ship it now” games through the decades ... I will have no issue whatsoever waiting another 6 months for this.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Having played WAY too many “Just ship it now” games through the decades ... I will have no issue whatsoever waiting another 6 months for this.

The top three Developers are held to a higher standard now in the gaming industry that I mentioned. And the developers who put out ‘sloppy work’ charging $60 for a game is not gonna fly anymore for 2020. Gamers are becoming smart, they look to the higher standard for developers that are not afraid to delay a game to make it as mature as possible for the gamer to enjoy without having a frustrating experience with crashes/glitches/Frame-rate drops, etc.

Reactions: txa1265

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
It's getting released 3 months before the PS5... Hmm, why bother buying it, when it's obviously also getting released for the next Gen...

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
It's getting released 3 months before the PS5... Hmm, why bother buying it, when it's obviously also getting released for the next Gen...

What worries me is that it was a pain trying to get your hands on a PS4 for a while after they launched quantities were so limited. Then again I would absolutely want to play an enhanced version on PS5 instead if they make one.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
What worries me is that it was a pain trying to get your hands on a PS4 for a while after they launched quantities were so limited. Then again I would absolutely want to play an enhanced version on PS5 instead if they make one.
I'm still in doubt on what to do... The smart man in me says to wait for a year. My backlog is huge on the PS4 so no problem there. The PS5 will have a revised version with some kinks worked out of it and it will be cheaper, or at least there will be packs with AAA-games and an extra DS5 or something like that.
But the 15yr old gamer in me wants to pre-order the second you can...

#firstworldproblems

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I'm still in doubt on what to do... The smart man in me says to wait for a year. My backlog is huge on the PS4 so no problem there. The PS5 will have a revised version with some kinks worked out of it and it will be cheaper, or at least there will be packs with AAA-games and an extra DS5 or something like that.
But the 15yr old gamer in me wants to pre-order the second you can...

#firstworldproblems

That's actually exactly what I did with the PS4, but there wasn't anything released in the first year that was super compelling to me. Put Cyberpunk on release date and I'll probably fold like a house of cards.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just having a blast with ‘Days gone’. If I had to compare this to anything, it’s a cross-breed between ‘The last of us’ and Far Cry 5’ with the scenery, dialogue and gameplay elements. It’s an awesome title with loads of content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.