Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Had a though recently. Apple has already integrated a pretty good fingerprint sensor into the iPhone. What if they also add the heart rate monitor, hydration sensor, glucose sensor etc into the home button? There would be no need for a watch at all!

Possible?

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Had a though recently. Apple has already integrated a pretty good fingerprint sensor into the iPhone. What if they also add the heart rate monitor, hydration sensor, glucose sensor etc into the home button? There would be no need for a watch at all!

Possible?

can you access all these things without bringing it out of your pocket? no.. so no.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
Definitely -- if the phone can somehow measure your heart rate and other things over a period of time without touching you even when it's in your pocket or purse and can magically project the screen on to your wrist at will and can send you notifications in a way that you can hear and feel even while it's in your pocket or purse as clearly as if it's on your wrist and can possibly project it's ability to make sounds with its speakers and to pick up sounds with its mic on to your wrist even while it's in your pocket or purse.

Reactions: Capeto

HKPDW

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2011
You could ditch the phone handset all together and just use "the watch" in conjunction with a blue tooth ear piece. Or, just use something like google glass with a speaker.

Last edited:

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Yeah, ok right.

dscf7669.jpg

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
No the reason I want a iWatch is so I can become one with technology and have it be a part of my body. That would be pretty awesome.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
No the reason I want a iWatch is so I can become one with technology and have it be a part of my body. That would be pretty awesome.

It's already part of your body. It if isn't in your hand, it is in your pocket, or your purse (if you are a female) (Or one of those men that use purses) or at least very nearby. I constitute that as part of your being; part of your existence.

But that's just me. Take example of the photographer a few posts up- he uses twine to bind his phone to his wrist. A very bold fashion statement, if you ask me.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
It's already part of your body. It if isn't in your hand, it is in your pocket, or your purse (if you are a female) (Or one of those men that use purses) or at least very nearby. I constitute that as part of your being; part of your existence.

But that's just me. Take example of the photographer a few posts up- he uses twine to bind his phone to his wrist. A very bold fashion statement, if you ask me.

My pocket is not a part of my body. Having a device on my wrist that is constantly there and on would be truly having tech become a part of me.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
My pocket is not a part of my body. Having a device on my wrist that is constantly there and on would be truly having tech become a part of me.

I think you should strive to get google glass, if you really want to be a literal "computer" person. I think that's the optimum thing for you to do.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
What if?

I dont know? What if breaded chicken strips became orthodox for dessert? What if you washed your hair in a toilet bowl? What if you ran a mile for one mcdonalds mini meal toy?

Those what if questions get me every day and have me thinking 24/7, I'll tell you what.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.