Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
I played a duet w someone in college once where the music was just too much for me to memorize, so I had to tape 8 sheets of music together and put them on 3 music stands and flip the whole thing over halfway through. UGH! :)

I rarely see the concert sheets in ring-binder format anymore

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I rarely see the concert sheets in ring-binder format anymore
At my son's band concert the other night the timpanist was using his iPhone to tune the timpani. They also attach their phones to their instruments in marching band instead of lyres to hold paper music or marching coordinates.

My dad was a high school band director for decades and I remember him writing drill with a lightboard, protractor, compass, rulers, etc. Computers just didn't do any of that stuff quite yet back then. When he started using computers for drill, he and his assistant brought their office Mac home to our house to finish it up one summer and they had to pause for a couple days because they ran out of RAM to run their drill and had to order more overnight air before they could finish up. lol

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
At my son's band concert the other night the timpanist was using his iPhone to tune the timpani. They also attach their phones to their instruments in marching band instead of lyres to hold paper music or marching coordinates.

My dad was a high school band director for decades and I remember him writing drill with a lightboard, protractor, compass, rulers, etc. Computers just didn't do any of that stuff quite yet back then. When he started using computers for drill, he and his assistant brought their office Mac home to our house to finish it up one summer and they had to pause for a couple days because they ran out of RAM to run their drill and had to order more overnight air before they could finish up. lol

The new medium that most recently bluffed me was Pianovision.

I was more of a winds guy, but this might just persuade me to get enough muscle memory to get into keys seriously.

Flash1420

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2022
I think just having so many iPads in the lineup makes it confusing and makes it seem like some iPads are pointless. The iPad is designed to offer more functionality than an iPhone but if you want to do some more advanced then the Mac takes over. If the iPad did everything the Mac could then what is the purpose of the Mac. They should simplify the lineup.

iPad mini
iPad Air 11-inch
iPad Pro 12.9-inch

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I think just having so many iPads in the lineup makes it confusing and makes it seem like some iPads are pointless. The iPad is designed to offer more functionality than an iPhone but if you want to do some more advanced then the Mac takes over. If the iPad did everything the Mac could then what is the purpose of the Mac. They should simplify the lineup.

iPad mini
iPad Air 11-inch
iPad Pro 12.9-inch
So your strategy for Apple is to only keep the most expensive models in the lineup and get rid of all the more affordable ones because the skus are confusing to you? Bold strategy, Cotton--let's see how it works out for them!

Flash1420

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2022
So your strategy for Apple is to only keep the most expensive models in the lineup and get rid of all the more affordable ones because the skus are confusing to you? Bold strategy, Cotton--let's see how it works out for them!
Not all are the most expensive models, only the 12.9-inch model.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

iPad mini
iPad Air 11-inch
iPad Pro 12.9-inch

I don't see it as confusing at all. I look at it just like configurable laptop models offering different processors, memory configurations, displays, etc.

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Not all are the most expensive models, only the 12.9-inch model.
The Air is more expensive than the standard though. Who are you proposing to hurt, Apple’s profit margin or the budgets of millions of people who purchase the standard models because that’s all they can afford?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.