Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Went to a pretty phenomenal all you can eat Yakiniku (Korean BBQ) place. This is only a small sampling of all the delicious meats we ate.

Highlights for me were the red wine marinated pork belly, one spicy Cajun marinated Calamari steak. Bulgogi, and shaved brisket were also top notch.
69fd2c4c929fe1c4783d3628fc304346.jpg
e609fa4fa1167d21088a39094977176f.jpg
b4e8a3e06df582e04475c5c2e85df06b.jpg

I am a different level of full right now, and it will be mostly healthy food for the weekend. Going to take a few days to digest this feast.
Divine.

Delicious.

Absolutely mouth-watering.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
That looks beyond mouth-watering and must have been absolutely delicious.
It was quite delicious.

Fresh Tuna melts in your mouth.

It was also my first time cooking with these white sweet potatoes. They have a very interesting flavor, and texture. After the picture I did a few slices glazed with a pear ginger jam, and ponzu sauce then roasted. They came out splendidly.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It was quite delicious.

Fresh Tuna melts in your mouth.

It was also my first time cooking with these white sweet potatoes. They have a very interesting flavor, and texture. After the picture I did a few slices glazed with a pear ginger jam, and ponzu sauce then roasted. They came out splendidly.
Fresh tuna is amazing, agreed.

I have even pickled it in soy sauce on occasion (well, I love sushi), and that picture looked absolutely amazing.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
It is not the name of the store. You don't need to be in Japan to get fresh Ahi Tuna.

This restaurant has a fish market attached.

Nico's Pier 38
(808) 540-1377

They sell fish to the public, that they buy fresh directly from the daily wholesale fish auction. They are located on the docks where the boats come in with freshly caught Ahi Tuna.

During covid they couldn't sell enough fish, because all the restaurants closed down, so they were selling sashimi grade Tuna for only $7 a lb.

It is still reasonably priced considering the quality. You would pay double or triple the price for this quality in most cities.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.