Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your blood type?

• Total voters

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I voted in the poll. I have stated it.

I don't steal blood anybody 🙂
Only fun
State it in your post, not simply in the poll, as this information is not visible until one votes.

In any case, exactly why do you wish to know this information?

To my mind, the only people who have the right to request such information are one's doctor, and other qualified medical staff, and, obviously, it is necessary if one is on deployment abroad for this information to be shared with the relevant authorities.

But, for an online information gathering exercise?

Last edited:

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Why do you want to know??? I mean, I can't really be helpful, because I don't even know my own blood type (honestly surprised I don't, but that's beside the point).

We've had threads like this in the past, and I fully believe in asking sensible questions because you're curious about something. Of course, that could be the case here, and I'm not denying that. Other times though, these types of threads end in disaster. Anyway, since I can't be helpful, I will proceed to simply observe.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Why do you want to know??? I mean, I can't really be helpful, because I don't even know my own blood type (honestly surprised I don't, but that's beside the point).

We've had threads like this in the past, and I fully believe in asking sensible questions because you're curious about something. Of course, that could be the case here, and I'm not denying that. Other times though, these types of threads end in disaster. Anyway, since I can't be helpful, I will proceed to simply observe.
For your own peace of mind, (not least, if you are ever in need of a blood transfusion, or other medical interventions), I recommend (strongly) that you take steps to find out what your blood group actually is.

For what it is worth, I didn't know my blood group until my first International Election Observation Mission in Bosnia over a quarter of a century ago, when, for the perfectly sensible reason that I would be working in what had been a war zone until a year or so earlier, a place that was heavily mined and quite dangerous, I was advised (very strongly) to take steps to ascertain my blood group in case circumstances decreed that I needed medical attention.

Last edited:

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Burgundy...at best. But indeed it is a curious thread for a tech site, especially since such data is found in abundance with appropriately large (accurate) sample sizes. I think such a poll on MR will be in vain (just couldn't resist).

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have… normal blood, I guess. 57 years old, I’ve never needed to know the blood type. I have donated blood - presumably if I’d asked they’d have told me the type. But I didn’t.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I do agree. It's a strange subject.
Not all that strange, in the proper historical context. Examples:

• Haha
Reactions: Chuckeee

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Maybe it's a pre-order thread...
Yah, I feel dizzy like I donated too many pints of blood when I paid Apple $3500 for the Apple Vision Pro a few days ago....

Open Apple Card card.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.