Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schnitzel-pretzel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2023
Kentucky
What is your favorite thing about your iPhone that you think is a great feature?

I have a few that I underrated at first but now really love:

• Live Photos -- sounds gimmicky but really cool, you can press a photo and play a short video, for so many memories I have this has made them so much more fun to go back and look at
  • Hide My Email -- such a great feature built into the OS, no more giving out my personal email to all these websites, and it's easy to cut off the address if I want to
  • Private Relay -- basically a slightly better VPN built into the phone, although I do wish that all app traffic could use it

What are yours?

ibookemo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
What is your favorite thing about your iPhone that you think is a great feature?

• Live Photos -- sounds gimmicky but really cool, you can press a photo and play a short video, for so many memories I have this has made them so much more fun to go back and look at
  • Hide My Email -- such a great feature built into the OS, no more giving out my personal email to all these websites, and it's easy to cut off the address if I want to
  • Private Relay -- basically a slightly better VPN built into the phone, although I do wish that all app traffic could use it

What are yours?
Actually live photos is mine too.

retiredatty

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2018
north carolina

What are yours?
Does anyone love the 14 pro phone? Thinking of going from 12 pro max

Reactions: ebika and Viridian5

schnitzel-pretzel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2023
Kentucky
The fact that I don’t need to leave an app when a security code is sent to me via text or email… it’s a simple thing, but it’s so useful!
One of my favorites too, but I don't think it's iPhone exclusive. Whereas I think Live Photos and Private Relay are? Does Android do Live Photos or something similar?

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
For me, it is dictation. Before dictation came along I found that I needed a larger screen to be able to type efficiently on an on-screen keyboard. After using dictation, it seemed to me that the screen size no longer mattered. I have an iPhone 13 and I don’t need to use the on-screen keyboard anymore.

Reactions: leifp and eyoungren

joshuabeg

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2022
Santa Clarita, CA
I love being able to swipe up and view open apps, to get info from another page without changing what you're doing!

Also the simple things that have been baked into iPhones over the years that you forget about:
  • Ability to scan documents
  • Flashlight
  • Calendar
  • Home App (I love telling Siri to turn on my Christmas tree!)
  • Apple Wallet (Unlocks front door, pays for things)
  • Files app
Generally, I love when the iPhone replaces the need to have something else physically. This was way more than one thing...sorry! 😅

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA

What are yours?
Camera.

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
I cannot really reduce it to one item, but I’ll get close (by simply ignoring everything else that I use the phone for)

New feature: repurposing of the mute button (YMMV as now i see it shows), which presently turns on the flashlight but soon will be used for my overall favourite feature…

Overall best feature: the camera (at last use, it was still glitchy with the app from Fjorden so I’ll give it another go once their case is attached to my phone)

Cunir

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2021
For a long time i didn't trust apple pay and carried my bank cards and wallet everywhere, but now i've seen the light and pay for everything on my phone

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
Does anyone love the 14 pro phone? Thinking of going from 12 pro max
I love mine. Bought it shortly after the 15 came out because it didn’t have any compelling features over the 14 pro.

As for the thread:
iOS. I didn’t like Android but I like iOS for the user experience.

The camera(s) and especially macro mode.

Systemwide dark mode (which didn’t work properly on Android when I left that).

Having codes sent via text available automatically is neat too.
Or Continuity in general. The way it interacts with other Apple devices (which I painfully miss now that I have to use a windows computer for work again…)

Reactions: Reggaenald

BenGoren

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2021
I think I’d have to go, in all sincerity, with “all of the above.”

And, to clarify: I’m not trying to just say, “Me, too!” to each of the features people have listed, but rather to state that it’s the total package that I most appreciate.

A single small, lightweight, pocketable, slab of metal and glass … yet it does so much. It’s not just a telephone, it’s a telegraph plus a video phone plus just about every other form of person-to-person and people-to-people electronic communications device ever in widespread use. It’s not just a digital book reader, it’s not just an iPod, it’s not just a pocket VCR, it’s basically every book, movie, musical work, and TV show ever published right there in your pocket. It’s not just a camera, it’s a still and motion and audio recording device that puts to shame basically anything that existed before about a quarter century ago. It’s not just a pocket computer, it’s a freakin’ supercomputer by quarter-century-ago standards.

So … yeah. I’d have to say that my favorite iPhone feature is … the iPhone.

Cheers,

b&

• Love
Reactions: Reggaenald

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
One of my favorites too, but I don't think it's iPhone exclusive. Whereas I think Live Photos and Private Relay are? Does Android do Live Photos or something similar?
Technically Private relay and hide my email aren’t iPhone exclusive either. They are only available with an iCloud+ subscription but then can be used on iPhone iPad and Mac

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I love being able to swipe up and view open apps, to get info from another page without changing what you're doing!

Also the simple things that have been baked into iPhones over the years that you forget about:
  • Ability to scan documents
  • Flashlight
  • Calendar
  • Home App (I love telling Siri to turn on my Christmas tree!)
  • Apple Wallet (Unlocks front door, pays for things)
  • Files app
Generally, I love when the iPhone replaces the need to have something else physically. This was way more than one thing...sorry! 😅
What door lock do you use for your front door? When I was looking into getting one last year, they all seemed to have mixed reviews. I've since bought a smart garage door opener as an alternate way to get in, so I suppose I'm a little less concerned being stranded outside. It would be nice to carry around one less key everywhere.

Reactions: FJB

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
The fact that I don’t need to leave an app when a security code is sent to me via text or email… it’s a simple thing, but it’s so useful!
HERE, HERE!

And, the other for me is Live Photos. We have cats, so, one has to be QUICK! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.