Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hicksmat1976

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2016
Manchester, England
I had an Android 13 device the last few months, I didn't hate it like I thought I did (the device wasn't the best, but the OS was fine). Android 13 was not that much of a departure from iOS, there's really not a lot in it. I found Android more customisable on a micro level, but at times those settings got quite confusing, so in some ways iOS makes it less complicated by offering less customisable options. I just find iOS a slicker experience.... although I do think the settings app needs a re-think, some stuff is hidden away in a way that doesn't make sense.

Handoff for me has always been a favourite, and being able to use iMessage and FaceTime across other Apple devices.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
to be honest standby mode has got to be my favourite feature these days. fact I can use widgets in standby mode to keep up to date with latest NBA scores through the night without needing to check my watch is so good.

joshuabeg

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2022
Santa Clarita, CA
What door lock do you use for your front door? When I was looking into getting one last year, they all seemed to have mixed reviews. I've since bought a smart garage door opener as an alternate way to get in, so I suppose I'm a little less concerned being stranded outside. It would be nice to carry around one less key everywhere.
I use the Schlage Encode Plus. It took awhile to track down one in stock last year (not sure if that’s changed) and it was on the expensive side, but worth it imo!

You can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to unlock, and the key is stored in your Apple Wallet, so no need for a 3rd party app. You can create passcodes for different people, which is nice when you don’t want to give out your own code or want to give/take away access after a few days for someone visiting. It’s worked perfectly for us! Haven’t had 1 issue.

Reactions: ebika and xxFoxtail

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I use the Schlage Encode Plus. It took awhile to track down one in stock last year (not sure if that’s changed) and it was on the expensive side, but worth it imo!

You can use your iPhone or Apple Watch to unlock, and the key is stored in your Apple Wallet, so no need for a 3rd party app. You can create passcodes for different people, which is nice when you don’t want to give out your own code or want to give/take away access after a few days for someone visiting. It’s worked perfectly for us! Haven’t had 1 issue.
Thanks! My local Lowe’s didn’t have any in stock. Cheaper on Amazon anyway.

Reactions: joshuabeg

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
ProRAW / 48mp and portrait mode from the cameras. The 15 pro max is fantastic for taking photos and portraits.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
AirDrop has to be one of the most under-appreciated. It works so well that most of us just don’t notice it. The other feature would be the build quality. I love the frosted glass on the back of my iPhone 15.

Reactions: Barbareren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.