Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Originally posted by jethroted
Yeah, we should have competitions to gain status on the forum. Maybe an avatar?

Sounds good to me. But Alot of the people already have an avatar. Mabey Arm would consent to making the winner an honorary contributer for the month. :)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Originally posted by Stelliform
Sounds good to me. But Alot of the people already have an avatar. Mabey Arm would consent to making the winner an honorary contributer for the month. :)

Yeah only you and jethroted would go for that contest for avatar because you both don't have one... but we should make a contest...

*I quit* I'll never get higher than 500 even if I load on school and library comps.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Originally posted by MrMacman

*I quit* I'll never get higher than 500 even if I load on school and library comps.

Don't quit! mc68k Has revealed his secret of running on library computers. And he is ranked 29 overall!

Sun Baked:

I saw that too. :) I think we need to keep them dreaming.... :) Do you want to help us?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Don't quit! mc68k Has revealed his secret of running on library computers. And he is ranked 29 overall!

Sun Baked:

I saw that too. :) I think we need to keep them dreaming.... :) Do you want to help us?

Um acually they have there schools comps running and the libarary they get control of never because of there anti-f@h apps.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Originally posted by MrMacman
Um acually they have there schools comps running and the libarary they get control of never because of there anti-f@h apps.

you broke my parsing engine

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Originally posted by Rower_CPU
rotflmao

ditto! but, back to the topic..... What Macnn is doing is working for them, what could we do. (Or do we not care as much? :) well I care.... :))

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

ditto! but, back to the topic..... What Macnn is doing is working for them, what could we do. (Or do we not care as much? :) well I care.... :))

Admin powers fo a week?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I think internal challenges are fun, but only useful if there is something you can do to affect your output average.

I think most of us are running everything we can. And for those who aren't, why are you holding out? ;) :p

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Admin powers fo a week?
Now that's insanity, think of a few select people... ;) :p

Think of the havoc they would create with admin powers. :eek:

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

Admin powers fo a week?

I don't think Arn is that concerned. This link shows the team ordered by rate. I think there is little hope to catch the top three. (Sorry jethroted. You are too darn fast. :)) However the next 10 computer's rate are very similar.....

Mabey we could do a race to increase your rate, not your points. Like 30 days to increase your rate by 50 points. But that would be unfair to those having folded the longest. . . .

Sorry I am typing before I am thinking them through. :) Mabey that will spur someone to think of something.

Tiauguinho:

Cool, and thanks. I just installed OS X Server on my iMac to test it. So far I am quite impressed....

All:

Anybody know why Jelloshots stopped running f@h?

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production

I don't think Arn is that concerned.

Concerned? Never mind concerned, I don't think Arn is that CRAZY!;)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What MacNN does to increase production?

Concerned? Never mind concerned, I don't think Arn is that CRAZY!;)

Yeah we can't make a deal like that.

(BTW, I didn't say I'm quitting folding, I meant to say I forfit the race, unless, no, well maybe, no :cool: )

I don't know why Jelloshots stoped. Maybe he is stuck on all 73 pointers... or maybe he stoped.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
I like contributer for the month. :) Instead of buying a mug, Arn can move you to demi-god status for a month for 1000 units. :D

If you are listening Arn, it would be alot of publicity to inch up and mabey pass team MacAddict4Life! :D

And we are closing the gap on LittleWhiteDog. W:):)F This! :p <Just messin with y'all at the pound. ;)>

In a side note, a new user I have brought to the MacRumors team just got his first workunit it. :) Go for the gold Macs4Me. :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
being a demi-god for a month isn't all that much incentive. It needs to be something a little more.

Demi-god for a year, maybe, like all the other demi-gods. But also special recognition in other ways can be used. ;)

D

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
hey

how much would it help the folding team...if i added the 32 bondi imacs in my schools media center, the 22 all in glob g3's, and an assortment of different imacs (something like 22?)...I am the T.A for the admin guy...So I know all the passwords...all the assorted imacs and half the bondi's are running X .2, does this mattter? I might be willing to risk it...I kinda am a bit board w/ my position they haven't let me set up the accounts for the 1000+ students in OS X server yet...heh

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
you should definitely do it, they might not be the fastest out there, but they would make up in speed by having so many. Get the ball running! :D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.