Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
wow! that many macs would help out a TON like really a lot. go for it!...

btw: dukestreet you changed your avatar i see, i like it very much!

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 21, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
Thanks!

All i can say is just wait till you see where it came from ;)

D

Can't wait D!

By the way, after a visit to http://www.littleblackdog.com they did the math for us. Wednesday we were set to pass them in 25.27 days. Today we are set to pass them in 9.67 days! What an improvement!

And Steradian, OMG! You would blaze up to the top 3 in no time! Goodluck!

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
Hey, I am un familar with setting up Folding @Home... The machines have Follproof on them (not a problem i have the pass) but, is their a way where they will continue to operate with fool proof on?...anyone with a lab have any experiance...and well...have thier been any problems w/ installing F@H on OSX machines.. i.e permissions problems?...I work as the semi repair guy and won't wanna cause myself any more work than I would have to...

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Originally posted by Steradian
Hey, I am un familar with setting up Folding @Home... The machines have Follproof on them (not a problem i have the pass) but, is their a way where they will continue to operate with fool proof on?...anyone with a lab have any experiance...and well...have thier been any problems w/ installing F@H on OSX machines.. i.e permissions problems?...I work as the semi repair guy and won't wanna cause myself any more work than I would have to...
foolproof makes me think of OS 9. there are no plans to make an OS 9 client.

as far as OS X goes, i have made a script for single processor macintoshes (as well as dual) that automates the command-line version of the client. it's very easy to set up and comes with documentation. they run in the background, and can even come on at each system reboot.

there's also graphical and screensaver clients, but the terminal version is the most transparent in OS X if set up right. rower_cpu and myself have experience with mac and pc labs, so give one of us a holler. :)

that's a hell of a lab too. grateful for the nod to our team. :)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: hey

Originally posted by Steradian
how much would it help the folding team...if i added the 32 bondi imacs in my schools media center, the 22 all in glob g3's, and an assortment of different imacs (something like 22?)...I am the T.A for the admin guy...So I know all the passwords...all the assorted imacs and half the bondi's are running X .2, does this mattter? I might be willing to risk it...I kinda am a bit board w/ my position they haven't let me set up the accounts for the 1000+ students in OS X server yet...heh

Wow that would really be nice. Go for it man. Mc68k has a good script out there if you don't want to set the program up (if you don't know how to, this is much easier).

Originally posted by mc68k
foolproof makes me think of OS 9. there are no plans to make an OS 9 client.

that's a hell of a lab too. grateful for the nod to our team. :)

Yes I haven't seen a FoolProof for OS X...
:seconds the extreme grateful nod:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.