Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
fd591f9b28069e8237d67c4016799530.jpg

Oh, hai movie lovers.

• Haha
Reactions: DanteHicks79

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
As I'm watching the newly released Prey, I'm reminded that Predator 2 should also be on my list of movies I can watch over and over. I think this film is very polarizing for audiences, who either think it's nearly as good as Predator 1, or that it's really cheesy. But I think it gets the formula right in that it does everything that made Predator 1 great, but isn't afraid to also change everything else entirely. The City Hunter predator is also my favorite predator design of all time.
View attachment 2044694
I prefer the original version. That’s one I missed from my list.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
If I come across this movie on television (which admittedly isn't as often as it used to be), the remote gets tossed across the room, as I won't need it again. I'm watching the rest of the movie, no matter how far in it already is. My favorite movie of all time.
I'm amazed we never got a disc or digital of it. If it's a movie I love, and I have a disc or digital, I start it right up from the beginning.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
One of my all time favorites.

On a "animated for adults" list.

Never understood that. We went to Gru opening day with our Minions Shirts with no kids. The other kids in the theater were hilarious though. Same with Sonic 2

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Demolition Man. Snapped the VHS, and then someone at work got me the disc for Secret Santa. Then later got it digital. That's one I would like to get actual 4K disc for

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I can watch all Spider-Man movies from the original Sam Raimi trilogy every week and don't ever get tired of it.
Got some ridiculous Spiderman deal on Vudu that included No Way Home preorder for only $30-$40 wth 123 Amaz 123 Homecoming, Far and No Way and binged them all

Feyl

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
Got some ridiculous Spiderman deal on Vudu that included No Way Home preorder for only $30-$40 wth 123 Amaz 123 Homecoming, Far and No Way and binged them all
I don’t care for the other films. The Amazing and MCU ones are made for children. I like the original movies because they’re grounded in reality and I like that they’re believeable. The trilogy is not only the best comic book movie interpretation but it’s also very emotional.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just read through this thread. Some excellent movie choices.
Any Star Wars movie is likely to hook me in.
Lord if the Rings/The Hobbit movies the same.
Surprised no votes for Gladiator. I love that film.

• Love
Reactions: compwiz1202

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
In no particular order:
Free Guy
Commando
Man of Steel
Deadpool 2
Ford vs. Ferrari
Den of Thieves
Jason Bourne
Big Hero 6
Real Steel
Tower Heist
Night at the Museum

• Love

orionquest

Suspended
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
Have to watch the BTTF Trilogy again. Easily one of my favorites
Back to the Future has to be one of the best movies ever made. Great cast, story unfolds nicely and all ties together, well paced, you cheer for the good guys and enjoy the ride, but don't necessarly hate the bad guys either, decent enough FX but not detracting from the other elements. I've rewatch the series last year and still holds up well, and is very complete from 1st movie to last.

• Love

orionquest

Suspended
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
As I'm watching the newly released Prey, I'm reminded that Predator 2 should also be on my list of movies I can watch over and over. I think this film is very polarizing for audiences, who either think it's nearly as good as Predator 1, or that it's really cheesy. But I think it gets the formula right in that it does everything that made Predator 1 great, but isn't afraid to also change everything else entirely. The City Hunter predator is also my favorite predator design of all time.
View attachment 2044694
I had no idea there was a Predator 2 movie. No way this comes close to the original, which is a classic. I mean that cast in P1 was epic, and Arnold being Arnold, gave us some very memorable sound clips. Other then that it's a pretty simple and a interesting concept for the time.

I'll give this a shot. Hopes are not high, even that trailer is pretty cheesy.

orionquest

Suspended
Mar 16, 2022
The Great White North
Interesting thread, glad I found it.

Here are 3 which I enjoy thoroughly.

The Matrix is just this perfect storm of execution and timing of when it was released. With Hollywood FX really starting to look very polished, and cell phones and the internet staring become more common. Great concept, well delievered, interesting directing and use of visuals both with FX and set design, and music selection, great casting (Neo, Morpheus, Trinity!). Nice blend of scify and fantasy. Too bad they dropped the ball with what came afterwards.

Last edited:

Mr. Jenkins

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2021
Lion King, the original
2 Guns
Tower Heist
Too Big to Fail
The Godfather
Margin Call
Jurassic Park
Rush Hour 1 and 2

My list isn't limited to this but it's what I can think of at this moment.

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Back to the Future trilogy - My favorite is Part II, but I feel like anytime you watch any of them, you have to watch the whole series to appreciate it.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - In my mind, the best sci-fi action film ever made. Perfect casting, masterful writing, and special effects that still hold up very well over thirty years on.

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) - While I think Empire is the best Star Wars film, ROTJ is the most rewatchable for me because they decided to go bigger is better with everything for this one. The space battle above Endor and the duel between Luke and Vader were far ahead of their time.

The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) - After Goldfinger, this is the quintessential James Bond film. It's got the cars, the gadgets, exotic locations, larger than life villains, and deadly women. Honorable mention to For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy, the latter of which is very underrated.

Apocalypse Now (1979) - Any of the various cuts of this film are highly rewatchable.
Yes I can watch back to the future regularly, Apocalypse now too
All movies by John Grisham's books, Conspiracy theory, MIB, Shine, Amadeus etc...

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
The first Matrix film, that film literally changed my life as sad as that sounds as I was in a bad place when I first watched it. I didn’t mind reloaded and revolutions but the 4th one is absolutely shocking.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The first Matrix film, that film literally changed my life as sad as that sounds as I was in a bad place when I first watched it. I didn’t mind reloaded and revolutions but the 4th one is absolutely shocking.
The third one disappointed, the forth one disgusting $$ grab.. :oops:

Reactions: lostPod
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.