Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What AW Third Party Apps Do You Want ASAP?

• Spotify

Votes: 46 42.2%
    Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Twitter

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Instagram

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Facebook Messenger

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • GMail

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Hangouts

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 45 41.3%

• Total voters

dylman

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Sonos, Mailbox, Dark Sky (this one is apparently coming for launch).

Something to push out goal notifications when I'm away from Jeff Stelling/Radio 5 Live on a Saturday would be nice as well.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
"Things" as it's what I use for lists. I did see what looked like the app icon during the recent Keynote so I'm hoping.

Runkeeper as well would be great.

pukrnukr

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010
Roc
All the home automation stuff, sonos, dropcam, nest, hue, etc...

Starting to get really pissed off that I can't control anything with home kit yet, hue especially needs to get its act together.

I really hope we get some home kit stuff this summer. I've been waiting on getting a thermostat and any more lights until I see what's going to be compatible.

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
I really hope we get some home kit stuff this summer. I've been waiting on getting a thermostat and any more lights until I see what's going to be compatible.

Same, home automation is like the wild west right now, everything has its own app it's a pain in the ass to make it all work together.

I want home kit to fix it

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I need apps for my home automation gear:

Nest
WeMo
Wink

I finally just yesterday found a pebble app for the wink, so I can control all of them from there, but I'm ditching the pebble for the Apple Watch and hope there will be parity soon after launch.

I wish WeMo had a widget for Notification Center. They have widgets for Android and it's awesome.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Recipe apps like the one from Jamie Oliver on the phone should be able to push a recipe to the watch once u start cooking, so that you can just swipe through the steps while you're doing them. With integrated timers. And beforehand they can show the shopping list on the watch while you're in the supermarket.

Things as well!

Xbmc remote

Train tickets

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
Would love to see Wemo AW app so I can control my light switches and switches using my AW. I would also love to see Spotify app so that I can save a playlist locally to my AW and listen to that Spotify during a workout without my phone.

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
Sonos, Mailbox, Dark Sky (this one is apparently coming for launch).

Something to push out goal notifications when I'm away from Jeff Stelling/Radio 5 Live on a Saturday would be nice as well.

Sonos and livescore would be good.

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Whatsapp.

But in respect to their release pattern for iOS there won't be an AW app until 2016. :rolleyes:

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I looked at my iPhone for some these:

Chase - Would love to check my account balance on the fly.
The Weather Channel - Apple Watch Weather is nice, but I want Radar Maps.
Runkeeper - I will see how Apples Fitness app is, but I have been using Runkeeper for a long time to track my walks and I love it. (anyone else think the voice sounds like Sandra Bullock? - Just Me?)
Dashlane - Any password management would be amazing on the wrist.
Google Maps - Although Apple Maps is getting much better Google Maps is still more accurate.
Flipboard - Use the Digital Crown to flip through your Flips and tap to preview, then hand off to your phone for full reading.
Pandora - Even if its just a remote feature for accessing the iPhone app, would be cool to control from the wrist.
Paypal - As a freelancer this would be very convenient.
Loose It -A Simple Calorie Tracker, use the digital crown to quickly input calorie intake per meal. Will give you your Basal Metabolic Rate and how many calories you have left for the day.

That is all I could think of right now that were not announced yet.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
More music apps - spotify, slacker, etc
More weather apps - weather underground, Yahoo weather, etc
More navigation apps - Google maps, Yelp
Calculator apps (not sure if there's a stock one yet)

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
The Weather Channel - Apple Watch Weather is nice, but I want Radar Maps.

I wouldn't expect to see any Apple Watch apps with weather radar. Do you realize how inconvenient that would be? You'd be better off pulling your phone out to actually see where the storm is. With the Apple Watch, you'd be able to see that Texas is getting rain, but good luck finding what city the storm is in. Lol.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
we don't know what we want, they're supposed to show us something we didn't know we needed and then we can't live without it.

Sirobin

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2008
California
That's what I'm hoping for until we get an official app, but who knows if that's how the AW will function. Let's just hope Spotify releases an AW app soon after launch.

If the Watch's music controls don't just mirror the phone's lockscreen/Control Center controls, I'm gonna be so mad. I mean, there's no reason it should be limited only to the Music app, right? Please?

walshy1009

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
Victoria, Australia
If the Watch's music controls don't just mirror the phone's lockscreen/Control Center controls, I'm gonna be so mad. I mean, there's no reason it should be limited only to the Music app, right? Please?

I agree! Mirroring what would be on the phone for media control would be a great alternative in the meantime while we wait for a AW Spotify app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.