Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What AW Third Party Apps Do You Want ASAP?

• Spotify

Votes: 46 42.2%
    Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Twitter

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • Instagram

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Facebook Messenger

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • GMail

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Hangouts

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other (Comment Below)

Votes: 45 41.3%

• Total voters

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Spotify for sure, and since I use Stitcher for podcasts and Audible for audiobooks, I'd like apps for them too. I'd also like a transit app that notifies me when my stop is approaching. I currently use Transit on my iPhone but it doesn't have this feature. There is also an app called CityMapper that does this and will be on the watch, but my city isn't included in its database. Hopefully one of them gets upgraded soon. I use Kik too, so notifications from it would also be nice.

Honestly, apps like Twitter and Instagram I think are better suited for the phone rather than the glances that the watch is intended for.

dedufour41

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2015
New York
maybe something from GoPro and a Sony Content manager app from their pro line of video cameras to control the camera.

I just hope the notifications for mail, texts and calls are good and easy to use.

I wrote to GoPro as soon as the Event day was over. They already have view finding options on the regular app... This Apple Watch adaptation seems like a no brainer!

geekster2

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2014
Depth Gauge

That would make a great gag app. it would really be an altimeter, but named "Depth Gauge". Maybe it would inspire more efforts on Apple's part to come up to a normal level of water proofing such as almost every other watch has. ;)

Last edited:

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL
I would like a Disney app so that I wouldn't have to wear the magic band, or have to pull out my pass. I'd use the watch on all the touch points to enter the parks, attractions, etc.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
+1 on the Nest & Beats music app.

I'd love to see a first direct bank one over here or Mint allow UK banks to work with the service! (UK)

pjh

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Airstrip 1
An app that detects that I'm eating and sends me a notification of my current BMI with every mouthful would be handy. Self control would work too, but I don't have that :)

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
An update to the Apple Remote app that would allow Siri to control a lot of things. Maybe this is part of the rumored hardware update as well. "Hey Siri, watch The Walking Dead." The Apple TV then knows that I can watch it through a future Sling TV app or the episodes I bought from iTunes. It brings up a screen that asks which one, and I say "Sling TV" and it goes to that function.

That's your killer feature that would sell millions of both devices. It's basically like the Xbox One controls except you don't need a $400 box for your TV. (OK, you just need a $400 watch)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.