Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Web Browser do You Use on PowerPC Macs?

• Total voters

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Out of curiosity: What web browser do you use on your PowerPC Mac? I know most people use many different browsers, but which one do you use most? Or which one is your default? I'm guessing TenFourFox will be the most common, with Leopard-WebKit just behind it. Put your answer in the poll above. Let me know what I missed, I'm sure there's quite a few.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Out of curiosity: What web browser do you use on your PowerPC Mac? I know most people use many different browsers, but which one do you use most? Or which one is your default? I'm guessing TenFourFox will be the most common, with Leopard-WebKit just behind it. Put your answer in the poll above. Let me know what I missed, I'm sure there's quite a few.
LOL! In your poll, the browser is Demeter, not Dementer!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry, it's funny!

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
LOL! In your poll, the browser is Demeter, not Dementer!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry, it's funny!
:D Typo, will fix!
No love for Classilla?????

It's unusually robust for an OS 9 browser.
I'll add that in, completely forgot about it!
I can thing of a whole bunch of browsers that aren't on the list. :D
And think too!
If you actually use one of them, please tell me so I can add it to the list!

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
And think too!
LOL, I fixed it. Bwahahahahahahaha! :D
[doublepost=1477161393][/doublepost]
If you actually use one of them, please tell me so I can add it to the list!
On occasion. Not enough to justify putting them in the list. Most of them are 2001-2004 era.

I would suggest adding Sunrise though. Some people use that and it's a pretty good Webkit browser.

Reactions: AmazingHenry

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If only FlashFXP made a Mac version back in the day.
At a certain point it just became unusable for me (Fetch) so I switched to Cyberduck. When that became a trial (Cyberduck has it's problems) I switched to Transmit.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Why are the results hidden until I vote? I am curious to see the results, but I don't want to skew the results by making a bogus vote as I don't have a PowerPC Mac.

Synthon

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012

I use TenFourFox on my G5 PowerMac (OS 10.5), but it is painfully slow. So I do most of my web browsing on my MacBook Pro. The G5 is still fine for non-web browsing activities.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Why are the results hidden until I vote? I am curious to see the results, but I don't want to skew the results by making a bogus vote as I don't have a PowerPC Mac.
Sorry about that, I fixed it!
[doublepost=1477603860][/doublepost]I'm very surprised about the number of votes. :) Thanks for your input, everyone!

Reactions: oneMadRssn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.