Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
thi interface for Android and its apps are not as good as in iPad. For a tablet, its crazy, an android tablet is way inferior to an iPad, not only becasuse of the OS, but also because of form factor

But for phones, there isnt much diference, as they all make and receive calls, and this is the most important in a phone.

Android is actually a great OS, but its only good when compared to iOS, and going from iOS to Android, that will be a huge bad move

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
thi interface for Android and its apps are not as good as in iPad. For a tablet, its crazy, an android tablet is way inferior to an iPad, not only becasuse of the OS, but also because of form factor

But for phones, there isnt much diference, as they all make and receive calls, and this is the most important in a phone.

Android is actually a great OS, but its only good when compared to iOS, and going from iOS to Android, that will be a huge bad move

The form factor is so bad Apple sued Samsung for copying it.....

Do you have any reasoning or just a blanket statement? I use both iOS and Android daily so I don't really see what people are on about. I just picked up a new iPad over the weekend and I'm still typing this on my year and a half old Xoom. Lol.....

AlexJaye

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
The few times that I left and came back I missed. The screen quality, the mute switch, tap the clock to scroll to the top ( it sounds little but it's huge, i.e. every web page) , the keyboard (huge miss), one hand usage, hardware build quality, faster charging, and battery life. I think that is all. - The screen quality of the iPhone 4/S and S3 is pretty close. I love the S3 screen. The S3 also has an option for "tap here to scroll to top" in Settings (found that yesterday at the AT&T store). The S3 keyboard is about the same as iOS-ish... but Swype is much better than what either iOS or Android stock keyboards offer. Many, or most, Android phones can be used w/one hand. I think my glass phone would break faster than an S3. And battery life of the S3, and many new Android phones, has shown to last a full day charge. Also, you can buy expanded batteries that last even longer and change them out yourself! :)

Edit 2: this is going to sound really cheesy and it is probably why Apple fans get called all the names. But in all honesty iOS is just a pleasure to use. I don't know what it is but the other day I spent 30 minutes + playing with an S3 in the AT&T store. It was nice. Then I spent a few minutes playing with an iPhone 4S and it just felt so much better to use and intuitive and smooth and fast and fluid and a pleasure LOL. The stale boring factor is starting not to matter to me anymore. Maybe it is because it is what I am used to...or maybe not. Everyone has their preference I guess. Ok I'm done editing this post. :) - This simply depends on the person. I've been using iOS for years and aside from becoming boring, it's becoming less useful in comparison to Android, and more difficult. In Android so many things are just easier to get done quickly. A huge change from a few years ago, when I wouldn't have touched Android with a 10 foot log.

Replies are in bold/italics. The main Android phones I've looked at are the S3 & HTC One X. I don't like older Android phones at all. Some of this is, of course, opinion.

----------

MAYBE the camera app, but DEFINITELY not the camera quality.

... DEFINITELY the camera app, MAYBE the camera quality (depending on phone), lol. The Stock camera app sucks on iOS.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Replies are in bold/italics. The main Android phones I've looked at are the S3 & HTC One X. I don't like older Android phones at all. Some of this is, of course, opinion.

----------

... DEFINITELY the camera app, MAYBE the camera quality (depending on phone), lol. The Stock camera app sucks on iOS.

I have held the screens of the S3 and the iPhone and the One X side by side. The one x is the best because of size, brightness and sharpness. iPhone is second and S3 is third mainly because of its brightness and sharpness. This is because of the pentile display. IMO

I was excited when I read about the tap to top feature on the S3 but when I went to try it, it was a joke. For me, it didn't work half the time and doesn't work on the browser which is where I use it the most.

I have tried android so many times and it seems that I just prefer iOS. Android has come a long way and it is a great choice now but just not for me. .

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Yes, but there's definitely more fanboys on the Apple side than the Android side.

This is pretty much a fact.

LOL. Which scientific analysis lead you to that? If anything, every website i go to nowadays has the "call apple users idiots" mantra embraced fully well by most of its users. A simple peek at XDA shows the hardcore iPhone hate from all members too.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
LOL. Which scientific analysis lead you to that? If anything, every website i go to nowadays has the "call apple users idiots" mantra embraced fully well by most of its users. A simple peek at XDA shows the hardcore iPhone hate from all members too.
A simple peak at Appleinsider. com shows the hard core android hate from all members too. ;) both sides are out there.

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Calling somebody an idiot doesn't necessarily mean they are a fanboy. It may just mean they feel somebody is dumb for buying an inferior product. If somebody buys a Hyundai and gets made fun of by a BMW owner, it doesn't mean the BMW owner is a BMW fanboy.

A fanboy is somebody who has a religious fanaticism over a brand rather than a product. I don't think you can call as many people a Google fanboy as you can call people an Apple fanboy.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Calling somebody an idiot doesn't necessarily mean they are a fanboy. It may just mean they feel somebody is dumb for buying an inferior product. If somebody buys a Hyundai and gets made fun of by a BMW owner, it doesn't mean the BMW owner is a BMW fanboy.

A fanboy is somebody who has a religious fanaticism over a brand rather than a product. I don't think you can call as many people a Google fanboy as you can call people an Apple fanboy.

Actually i can, and i have personally witnessed some such people in real life too. Believe it or not, that is your problem :)
As for "inferior" product. After using iOS and android side by side, that is just subjective. There is no inferior product. Both are equally capable for 99% of my needs and rest are trade offs on both sides.

Different philosophy yes.

----------

A simple peak at Appleinsider. com shows the hard core android hate from all members too. ;) both sides are out there.

XDA shows the same hate towards iOS. Try mentioning the word just once and watch the barrage incoming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.