Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRoRo

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
UK
iOS6

iOS7 looks like it was designed by Fisher-Price... :eek:

Agree on the aesthetic look comment but, the iOS7 for me when it eventually all works properly, by which time it will have been jailbroken and iOS 8 won't be far away :eek:

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
iOS 7 is superior by far, but I'm quite upset about what it did to my iPhone 5 battery.
Unreliable indications and a shorter endurance are not welcome at all ...

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
My pet gremlin had the same reaction when seeing iOS 7 for the first time.

Glad I was able to revert back to iOS 6 before the signing window closed.

That's me when I go to turn off my alarms in the morning. Thanks for sharing that! :D

iOS 6 for speed, music app, app switching, battery life, stability. Speed more than anything.... Even my iPad 1 is faster on iOS 5 because of the lack of delays.

iOS 7 for crisp fonts/keyboard, safari, top row of control centre toggles. I can't think of anything else.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iOS 7 is superior by far, but I'm quite upset about what it did to my iPhone 5 battery.
Unreliable indications and a shorter endurance are not welcome at all ...
That doesn't sound surperior overall at all.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
iOS 7! The control center along is worth it. I used to get some tired of exiting out of applications and turning this or that on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you speak about functionality it is.
Right, but no matter how functional and amazing something is, if it now lasts less than it did before and does suddenly without warning at random times, that alone pretty much undercuts quite a bit of any amazing things it can do.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Right, but no matter how functional and amazing something is, if it now lasts less than it did before and does suddenly without warning at random times, that alone pretty much undercuts quite a bit of any amazing things it can do.

For sure I don't like it and I'm looking forward for a quick fix by Apple.
But surely I don't regret the update.

Coarseman

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
Globetrotter wannabe...
I choose iOS 6... iOS 7 - Also known as Hello kitty iOS...

:):) So true..

Love the functionality of the 7 but absolutely hate the design.
A brief glance at the new Pages,Numbers and Keynote icons drives me up the wall.
Same goes for the other icons, but for these three I have a special "things that I most hate in life" place in my heart...:D

Please Apple, can we have somewhere a "Turn off ugly mode" switch?
Pleaaaseeee....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
:):) So true..

Love the functionality of the 7 but absolutely hate the design.
A brief glance at the new Pages,Numbers and Keynote icons drives me up the wall.
Same goes for the other icons, but for these three I have a special "things that I most hate in life" place in my heart...:D

Please Apple, can we have somewhere a "Turn off ugly mode" switch?
Pleaaaseeee....

Side note: today I went at an Apple store to buy a cover for my friend's 5c and I did notice all iPhones had old version of Pages, Numbers and Keynote, with old icons.
Very strange ....

Coarseman

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
Globetrotter wannabe...
Very strange ....

Why?
The updates in Pages,Numbers and Keynote do not come as a part of iOS update, so you can have the old icons even in iOS7 provided you have not turned on the automatic app updates or did not updated them yourself...
Too bad I did not see the new icons before updating.....sigh.....:(

Which reminds me to turn off the automatic updates ASAP, don't know about you but if the new version of iBooks looks anything like the News stand, it will be unbearable....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Why?
The updates in Pages,Numbers and Keynote do not come as a part of iOS update, so you can have the old icons even in iOS7 provided you have not turned on the automatic app updates or did not updated them yourself...
Too bad I did not see the new icons before updating.....sigh.....:(

Which reminds me to turn off the automatic updates ASAP, don't know about you but if the new version of iBooks looks anything like the News stand, it will be unbearable....
Why ??? I did expect apple show latest version of their own software in an Apple Store !!!

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
What would you pick? iOS7 or iOS6?

Having used iOS 7 for about two weeks now, I'm going to vote iOS 7. I still prefer the visual "steel and glass" style of iOS 6, but iOS 7 is just more functional.

The iOS 7 WiFi driver works (iOS 6 WiFi was painfully slow on my iPhone 5).

Control Center is enormously useful for accessing stuff like WiFi on/off, flashlight, and music player functions.

Being able to allow/deny Cellular Data to specific apps is useful if you're like me and have a limited data allocation. Being able to see which apps use a lot of data is also interesting and good for learning how to conserve mobile data.

In short, iOS 7 makes my phone easier to use. I can forgive some of the garish icons, which I have hidden in a folder anyways!

HydroDog

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
Mossyrock, WA.
IOS 6. IOS 7 reminds me of a 1st grade science project with a bright flashlight. So bright that it blinds you but the batteries go dead in minutes.

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2010
ios7 by a mile.

My phone is a 3gs with ios6 and I have a touch with ios7, the 3gs and its software is like a dinosaur in comparison.

Love ios7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.