Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
I prefer iOS6 because iOS7 just lacks too much basic functionality at the moment. The new music app is a joke compared to the previous one.

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse
I have had iOS 7 running on my iPad mini for months now, and feel like I'm working with a fossil when I help my mom on her iPad 2 running iOS 6. (Incidentally, her iPad 2 still hasn't been hit with the allegedly 'forced' upgrade to iOS 7 yet. :rolleyes:) After my usage of iOS 7, iOS 6 looks so dated that it reminds me why iOS 7's redesign was needed. :)

I prefer iOS6 because iOS7 just lacks too much basic functionality at the moment. The new music app is a joke compared to the previous one.

If you claim iOS 7 lacks basic functionality, then (by virtue of the word 'upgrade' ) iOS 6 would've been lacking more basic functionality. :rolleyes: (Just like Windows XP lacks some functionality found in Windows 8.1)

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
If you claim iOS 7 lacks basic functionality, then (by virtue of the word 'upgrade' ) iOS 6 would've been lacking more basic functionality. :rolleyes: (Just like Windows XP lacks some functionality found in Windows 8.1)

No, the music app of iOS6 was a lot more powerful and "advanced" than the app in iOS7. It's a step back in several ways.

iOS7 has some advanced features that I don't really need (like iTunes radio and pictures of artists), but it lacks basic features for music playback that were present ever since the first iPod from 2001 (like the sensible artist view, whoever approved of the new artist view should loose his job).

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Yeah, I'm hosting the gif on my own webspace which I have locked up for the next decade or two, so I think I'll be good through a number of future iOS releases. :)

Thank you for letting us know you have your own webspace. It really is helpful and relevant to the thread.
:rolleyes:

Vidikron

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011

Nonsense. Not everything is always better in a newer version of software.

As to the question, I'm torn. There's a lot I like about 7, but the calendar in notification center is now completely useless. I used to use that a lot, but not now. The dock on the iPad is fat and ugly. Folders are also incredibly ugly and they made the number of icons per page smaller, but at least they added pages to folders. But overall folders on the iPad continue to be disappointingly inefficient. Also, the new flat look sometimes makes things non-distinct. For example. When adding a photo to an email the menu bar at the top of the add photo window kind of gets lost in the white background of the email. They are nearly the same color with no distinct borders. And maybe I just can't find the option now, but is there a way to delete all email now? You used to just be able to mark all and then delete. But now I just see a flag all, but no delete all option.

Anyway, I got the new Air so I'm stuck with 7 now. Hopefully there will be a jail break to fix some of this stuff.

Last edited:

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
7 on a white bezel, 6 on a black bezel. Just doesn't look right to me on a black bezel.

LastOneToKnow

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
East Coast, USA
My pet gremlin had the same reaction when seeing iOS 7 for the first time.

Glad I was able to revert back to iOS 6 before the signing window closed.

Are you going to keep this GIF handy? You're going to need it for iOS 8.

Yeah, I'm hosting the gif on my own webspace which I have locked up for the next decade or two, so I think I'll be good through a number of future iOS releases. :)

Thank you for letting us know you have your own webspace. It really is helpful and relevant to the thread.
:rolleyes:

I contend that your reply is the one that's not relevant Pompiliu. Armen asked me a question based on my initial post and I answered it. Have replied to you here in context for sake of clarity.

Last edited:

zeego

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Hornet's Nest
I would choose iOS6 because I had very few complaints about it and was solid all around from release all the way through. However, after 7.0.3 I can't complain as much about battery life, but there are still some things that need fixing.

That being said, I like what they have done with SOME of the visuals in iOS7 and a lot of the App Developers have done a great job taking advantage of it.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
iOS 6 for me if Apple carries iOS 6 features to iOS 7 then I would say iOS 7 is much better but I am afraid iOS 8 will get worse because Steve Jobs is gone. :apple:

davetheduck

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
iOS 7

I recently got a new iPhone 5 on warranty (speaker broke) and it came with iOS 6 installed. It looks soo dated now! I couldn't believe it!

Crazypipo

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
I like the look of iOS7 better. Also, control center is one of the things I have been waiting for :)

SA Spyder

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
iOS6. iOS 7's attention-whoring animations are really annoying and take way too long. Kills workflow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.