Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I agree...I still have 4 episodes to go... want to binge the ending...
Marvelous Mrs Maisel- One thing they have been doing as you know is keep making these jumps into the future to basically show how things ended up. I tell my wife, I'm more interested in the current happenings than the future, but that is a creative way to tell the story and give a picture of the future for Miriam Maisel. But at the same time it makes me feel like they are short changing future seasons.;)

The amazing thing about any good show like this is that you feel like you are actually watching in on someone’s very interesting life as compared to relatively boring real life. :)

Last edited:

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Finished the series finale of Barry. What an amazing series.

Working on the finale of season 1 of Succession. Enjoying it so far and I feel bad for Tom. Shiv is a POS.
Alright, finished season 1 and damn, Kendall effed up BIG TIME. Also, for Shiv to admit she cheated to Tom on the wedding night is ridiculous. But I'm sure that will pan out as the series continues. Will start S2 tonight

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Marvelous Mrs Maisel- One thing they have been doing as you know is keep making these jumps into the future to basically show how things ended up. I tell my wife, I'm more interested in the current happenings than the future, but that is a creative way to tell the story and give a picture of the future for Miriam Maisel. But at the same time it makes me feel like they are short changing future seasons.;)

The amazing thing about any good show like this is that you feel like you are actually watching in on someone’s very interesting life as compared to relatively boring real life. :)

Finished Marvelous Mrs Maisel - somewhat underwhelmed by the ending... and the leaps into the future seemed a bit disjointed to me... overall, it was a decent series... but a much better beginning than ending, IMO.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

I’ve gained an appreciation about how challenging it is to write a comedy abut someone’s life, even a factious life, and keep it interesting, funny, and making you feel like you are watching a real person’s life unfold.

Just finished the show final, a tremendous quality for a story told in 5 seasons, what all shows of this natures should aspire too, however the ending should have been her 4 minutes on the Gordon Ford show, although I do understand the frequent audience desire to know what happens after, and they accomplished that. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was searching for a new show to try out:
  • 1st- Citadel (spy Netflix 2023)- the opening over the top fight on a train turned me off.
  • 2nd- Fubar (spy Netflix 2023)- So Arnold S. is an actor? 🤔 Pretty bad in his old age.
  • 3rd-The Recruit (spy kinda Netflix 2023)- New lawyer who works for the CIA gets in over his head. Winner! So far….2 episodes. Some aspect are a little implausible, but my SOD has not yet been broken, After the first 2 maybe I’m desperate! :)

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Since I have Max for this month, started The Tourist, an Australian/BBC show about a guy we see driving through the Outback, being harassed by a large truck, ends up with amnesia (I won’t say how) and discovers someone besides the truck which he does not remember is trying to kill him. It’s only 6, 1 hour episodes, so far so good. :)

9CD5CC7C-C4B3-48AB-89A6-017A20706037.jpeg

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I was searching for a new show to try out:
  • 1st- Citadel (spy Netflix 2023)- the opening over the top fight on a train turned me off.
  • 2nd- Fubar (spy Netflix 2023)- So Arnold S. is an actor? 🤔 Pretty bad in his old age.
  • 3rd-The Recruit (spy kinda Netflix 2023)- New lawyer who works for the CIA gets in over his head. Winner! So far….2 episodes. Some aspect are a little implausible, but my SOD has not yet been broken, After the first 2 maybe I’m desperate! :)

We are a little over half way through Fubar and Arnold is pretty darn funny in this one. He does look a little old, but man some of his one-liners are pretty funny IMHO.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Diplomat (2023 Netflix)- Most excellent series about a career diplomat appointed as U.S. Ambassadore to The UK. and walks into a crisis as an English warship is attacked by a foreign power. i’m about halfway though Season 1. The series has been renewed.

73E56209-E82D-4689-B0C9-D2E5E13B7510.jpeg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Diplomat (2023 Netflix)- Most excellent series about a career diplomat appointed as U.S. Ambassadore to The UK. and walks into a crisis as an English warship is attacked by a foreign power. i’m about halfway though Season 1. The series has been renewed.

Season on ends with a cliff hanger, I like Rufus Sewell in this because it’s the first role I remember him, where he does not play a villian. :)

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Since I have Max for this month, started The Tourist,

Stumbled on it and was quite surprised. Unusual location and not one but multiple plot twists. Quite original and totally unpredictable. Among the best TV programs I've watched this year.

• Love

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
My wife has been binging Modern Family (2009-2020), I had to laugh (I laugh out loud frequently while watching this show) at Cam & Mitchell’s smart fridge “Bridget”. Not only are they jealous of each other’s relationship with Bridget, but Bridget gets miffed when they talk about her being ”just a fridge” after they have unplugged her, but she has battery backup. With AI, this is definitely in our future. :D

YJINYU

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2023
Hey Guys, Modern Love Season 2, highly recommend it.
When I watched the first episode, my tears dropped like a waterfall.

And keep waiting for Stranger Things Season 5, I think the whole world is waiting for this one.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Power (2023 Amazon Prime)- Teenage girls become able to generate and project electricity from their bodies, as an evolutionary protective quality, and the impact it has on society. I’m into this 4 episodes, and it’s holding my interest, especially a sequence in Saudia Arabia where basically women are shown in a process of unchaining themselves. I would not be surprised if this is banned in some countries. So far so good, 4 more episodes to go. :)It’s been renewed.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Watching ANDOR epi 6
im supporting the ones getting robbed now
these tv shows are sending the wrong message nowadays

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Power (2023 Amazon Prime)- Teenage girls become able to generate and project electricity from their bodies, as an evolutionary protective quality, and the impact it has on society. I’m into this 4 episodes, and it’s holding my interest, especially a sequence in Saudia Arabia where basically women are shown in a process of unchaining themselves. I would not be surprised if this is banned in some countries. So far so good, 4 more episodes to go. :)It’s been renewed.

Finished, it drags a little, not as satisfying as I’d prefer, but the empowering of women is good enough to continue into next season.

Reactions: Chuckeee

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I watched The Bridge pilot a new show on FX about the murder of a judge whose severed-in-two body is dumped on the bridge separating El Paso from Juarez, Mexico. The perp or organization involved has some high tech abilities. Two police detectives one from the U.S, one from Mexico reluctantly end up working together. I can't say it grabbed me, but I'll watch another.

New-TV-Shows-Summer-2013.jpg
Apologies for the late reply... I'm re-reading this thread looking for gems...

Noticed that there's an earlier version of this (2011-2018) set in Denmark and Sweden:

"When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border, Danish inspector Martin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have to share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.