Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jan_Krz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2017
I had a lot of issues with ios 11 so I decided to restore iphone 8 plus with ios 11.2 and set it as new...

After restoring I stuck on the icloud verification... I get a message - there was a problem with verification during connection with server...

My apple login and password was fine, because I tried it online on icloud page...so I decided to contact apple support....

apple support tech told me that he doesnt know what to do and this is first time when he hear that kind of problem ( really?!? What about Iphone X on launch day?! ) so he told me to wait while he will contact his supervisor

I waited 20min then he hang up and since then didnt call me back - that was few hours ago.

WTF ? First this buggy ios 11 and now apple support disrespecting clients?

Tbh I was always happy with apple suport...

I had to help myself, so I found a workarround...

My phone language was set to Polish but location was set to Ireland.. (this is where I live at the moment) and somehow that combination made a problem with server comunication... everything went fine when I changed language to english...

Still not impressed with ios and apple support :(

Reactions: jjjjjooooo

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I’m banned from posting any reviews on the App Store because Apple said 1 of my reviews violated their policies. Can’t tell me what review, and won’t reverse the ban.

Get use to it bud! It’s how Apple rolls these days

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I’m banned from posting any reviews on the App Store because Apple said 1 of my reviews violated their policies. Can’t tell me what review, and won’t reverse the ban.

Isn’t that the point of a review.....to comment on good/bad points....:D
You shouldn’t censor someones comments (obviously unless it’s innapropriate).

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Jan 30, 2015
A friend of mine doesn't upgrade iOS anymore, or OSX ….. he states a new Apple so-called 'Upgrade' ….. gives him more grief in broken Apps and poor performance, than most viruses can deliver across the board.

He wants to know if there is a way to switch all those 'nagging' message prompts to "Downgrade" ….. 'now, later, tomorrow' ….. surely one option should be 'never again!' :eek::confused::(:mad::p

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Isn’t that the point of a review.....to comment on good/bad points....:D
You shouldn’t censor someones comments (obviously unless it’s innapropriate).

In my experience, when you see posts like this one, there is almost always more to the story. Apple does screen and control what apps get into the App Store, but it does not ban reviewers or remove reviews because they are negative with regards to the value or function of the app.

There's no way I'm buying "I got banned but have no idea why". It's like the mods at MR suspending or banning someone... the reasons are most definitely communicated to the offender.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.