Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mezelluf

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2016
Belgium
99% today. 8 month old 14PM, mainly MagSafe charging.

Don’t know if it’s bad or not, but still have loads of juice left in end of the day usually after heavy use.
What's the usage you put your phone through? Is your brightness always at max and did you turn off the "auto turn-off display" setting?

Mine was always at max and I did not turn that feature off and also always charging through MagSafe and my 14 Pro Max was at 86% in September.

It doesn't matter much anymore since I upgraded to the 15 Pro Max already but would like to know so I can take a little more care of this one lol.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
My launch day 14 Pro Max is at 87%. Yikes, I did not know that. I haven’t opened the battery app probably since the first week I got the phone. I didn’t really notice the loss of battery capacity either. It gets down to around 65% daily, gets charged on a MagSafe charging stand every night. It’s getting traded in on the 15 PM for Christmas, so I can’t say I’m too worried about the battery.

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
What's the usage you put your phone through? Is your brightness always at max and did you turn off the "auto turn-off display" setting?

Mine was always at max and I did not turn that feature off and also always charging through MagSafe and my 14 Pro Max was at 86% in September.

It doesn't matter much anymore since I upgraded to the 15 Pro Max already but would like to know so I can take a little more care of this one lol.
Well haven’t thought so much about it tbh, but with quite a bit of variation the phone gets through a lot of screen on time, currently average is a little over 8h but (have been higher), daily use of Waze without charging, work calls, etc etc. Have 50% left now at 11pm, have no complaints there.

Left my screen on auto-brightness and always on display on default, like most setting actually. Just been using the phone as I like and haven’t been thinking so much about it really.

Just use the heck out of it, enjoy, it’s a fantastic peace of tech!

Reactions: Mezelluf

SnyG

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Been sat at 97% for a while now, launch day PM. Had been starting to worry about the battery but things seem to have improved a lot with iOS 17, for me at least.
Down to 93% since I posted this at the end of September. Not great.

Mezelluf

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2016
Belgium
Well haven’t thought so much about it tbh, but with quite a bit of variation the phone gets through a lot of screen on time, currently average is a little over 8h but (have been higher), daily use of Waze without charging, work calls, etc etc. Have 50% left now at 11pm, have no complaints there.

Left my screen on auto-brightness and always on display on default, like most setting actually. Just been using the phone as I like and haven’t been thinking so much about it really.

Just use the heck out of it, enjoy, it’s a fantastic peace of tech!
Thanks for your feedback, pretty much the same way I use it.
It's still crazy to me how these batteries behave so differently even on the same "workloads" lol.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

saberfi

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2015
Launch day iPhone 14 Pro.

Battery health 99%.

I use a 3rd party wireless charger, using the Apple 5W plug. I charge over night, so the potentially slow charging speed is a non-issue.

8 months later down to 90%. So battery health has been dropping 1% every month. No change in charging habits. Somewhat of an unpleasant surprise, I do admit.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Launch day pro, just dropped it off to get battery replaced. It was at 80%

• Wow
Reactions: Torty

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Purchased April 15 2023, now 97% battery health [on Settings] iPhone 14 Pro Max

Have not counter-checked with Coconut Battery yet...

Reactions: Tsepz

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
14 Pro Max purchased launch week currently at 98%.

Attachments

• IMG_4537.png
    IMG_4537.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 34

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
My day one 14 Pro is down to 85%. About where I'd expect it to be. 5% every 6 months. Ideally, it'll reach 80% before my AC+ runs out, I'll probably pay the $10/month extra until I get to that point for the battery replacement.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
My day one 14 Pro is down to 85%. About where I'd expect it to be. 5% every 6 months. Ideally, it'll reach 80% before my AC+ runs out, I'll probably pay the $10/month extra until I get to that point for the battery replacement.
It probably won't, battery degredation is not a straight line, usually faster at start and then tapers off to low for a long time.

Reactions: xxFoxtail
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.