Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cassim04torres

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2022
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Im on Monterey 12.4, but it have started on 12.3.1

Two weeks ago i accidentally turned on Focus Mode and my WhatsApp sound and preview notifications stopped working. I tried to figure it out by removing whatsapp from the Notification Central App list and then trying to reinstall the program from the Whatsapp website, and even from Appstore.

The annoying issue i get is that when i turn on preview notification and pop up notification on WhatsApp Desktop App, i stop getting the notification sound and no preview appears. The sound comes on when i disable preview notifications and leave only Sound Notification on in the Whatsapp Desktop app. For my surprise, there's still no Whatsapp App on the Notification Central list and i can't find how to add the app in the list to manage the notification settings again.

Anyone know how to get it right?

1652906352626.png

Kabass

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2022
Same here, no notifications.

WhatsApp desktop(updated) and Mac m1 here.

Captura de Tela 2022-05-20 às 16.00.07.png

SACHIN-TS.SK

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2022
The same problem, WhatsApp is not giving notifications and can't find WhatsApp in the Notification Central App list

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 10.34.14 AM.png

Curry55555

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2022
I can report the same issue as well. I have tried both WhatsApp from the official website and through AppStore. When I add WhatsApp to the allowed apps to break through do not disturb, they also appear as an allowed app on my MacPro M1. However, even when it is in do not disturb the notification does not come through on my computer, only on my phone.
Interestingly, next to the app icon in the app bar I can see the number of unread chats.
Next for me to try is to use WhatsApp through Safari or Chrome and see if I can get notifications then.

walkingwithlee

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2022
Is there a way to add an app to the notification system? Have same issue where WhatsApp is missing.
As WhatsApp runs on Rosetta2 / Electron, is this an Rosetta2 thing or Electron. WhatsApp looks fine, chances are this is more Apple issue.
WhatsApp need to have a native ARM app

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Im on Monterey 12.4, but it have started on 12.3.1

Two weeks ago i accidentally turned on Focus Mode and my WhatsApp sound and preview notifications stopped working. I tried to figure it out by removing whatsapp from the Notification Central App list and then trying to reinstall the program from the Whatsapp website, and even from Appstore.

The annoying issue i get is that when i turn on preview notification and pop up notification on WhatsApp Desktop App, i stop getting the notification sound and no preview appears. The sound comes on when i disable preview notifications and leave only Sound Notification on in the Whatsapp Desktop app. For my surprise, there's still no Whatsapp App on the Notification Central list and i can't find how to add the app in the list to manage the notification settings again.

Anyone know how to get it right?

View attachment 2006592
Can you select WhatsApp? Right now the screen shot has selected options for Adorama.

amitos

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2022
Same here, MacOS 12.4 on Macbook Pro 14" and Whatsapp (downloaded from official website) 2.2216.8.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
On Monterey 12.4 and WhatApp 2.2216.8 and can get WhatsApp options in the Notification settings. However, even though I have them toggled as on, they do not always sound or come as a banner alert. M1 16" MBP for what it's worth.

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 5.57.12 AM.png

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Yes, but its only WhatsApp Web Client, no the Desktop Application. Btw, still not showing the desktop app on notification central
I'm confused. Which one do you not get notifications, the Desktop or WebClient version?
Just to prevent you from doing it, i've already reinstalled Monterey (leaving the data files) and it's still happening :/
Lol, beat me to it.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
Eu tentei o aplicativo de desktop para WhatsApp. Não funcionou no começo, mas depois de uma reinicialização, funcionou.

Aqui estão as minhas configurações para o aplicativo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.27.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 8.27.48 PM.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 133

ukietto

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2022
Same here: latest Monterey version, latest Whatsapp version.
Notifications stopped working all of a sudden on both iMac, MacBook and now even on Watch.
Web.whatsapp.com sends notifications correctly.
Tried uninstalling iPhone app, desktop app (removing all related files from Library), and everything I could find on the web.
Tried also to contact Whatsapp support, they sent me to an article that explains how to turn on and off notifications -.-

Fact is, as many of you guys, I don't even have the possibility to manage the notifications from my System Preferences, 'cause Whatsapp is not showing there

Schermata 2022-05-25 alle 14.07.44.jpg

This is driving me crazy: hope they solve it soon

Injerto

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
Whatsapp is a piece of crap, still no native ARM/M1 after 2 years, clicking notifications won't mark messages as read, and slow as heck.

deeppurple114

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2021
wow i thought i only one that have it.
before uninstall the app i could see it in notification settings but not banner or alert, now after reinstall it's disappeared. now i download also the version from app store and same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.