Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBag

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2012
Been happening to me off and on for the last couple of weeks with Mac Desktop client. I think a restart makes it work again, but I'm not 100% sure on that...

MrGunny94

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2016
Malaga, Spain
Yeah it's related to some of the recent updates. Hope they finally turn it to Apple Silicon soon, because using 1GB is way too much.

szberko

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2022
There is an update for Whatsapp (version 2.2218.8). It seems that it solves the issue. A notification popup is shown once you update as it would when you freshly install the application.

cattias

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2022
same here, same issue on Monterey 12.4 on a 13" MacBook Pro (Intel)
and the latest version of whatsapp I see is 2.2216.8 (app store and direct download)

lolzuncle

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2022
Same here, i've tried remove app (from Notifications & Focus) like telegram, mail, music, etc. When i re-open the app, the app appear on Notifications & Focus (unlike whatsapp). I think no solution for this, just wait till the developer fix it.

Kabass

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2022
WhatsApp - no Notification ISSUE - FIXED/SOLVED!

Today the notifications just started working again for no apparent reason, I didn't do anything, I didn't notice any updates, the application was already open and the notifications just randomly started working again.
The application also reappeared in the notifications options.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2022-05-27 às 11.29.52.png
    Captura de Tela 2022-05-27 às 11.29.52.png
    254.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

codejagaban

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2022
Hey Guys I found a simple solution to this issue, go to your user directory and toggle all hidden files using the command CMD + shift + . and automatically Whatsapp notification will start working back on.

Cheers

rodrigoea

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2022
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hey Guys I found a simple solution to this issue, go to your user directory and toggle all hidden files using the command CMD + shift + . and automatically Whatsapp notification will start working back on.

Cheers

I found a solution that worked for me.

I first tried what @codejagaban shared, but at first, it didn't work. Then I tried to execute a terminal command that basically does the same (enable hidden files) and suddenly the notifications started working back and the WhatsApp app appeared in the Notifications settings.

Steps:

- Open your Terminal
- Type: defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
- Press Enter
- Type: killall Finder
- Press Enter

I don't know why that was the solution though LOL, but it worked for me, hope it works for everyone who's facing this problem too.

1654633932246.png

Robinhaynes

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2022
I had this issue for about 2 months. No notifications on Desktop. I am Running 10.13.6 and Whatsapp 2.2220.8. Notifications just stopped. BUT YEAH! All qudos to codejagaban !. The fix using Terminal worked perfectly! I have no idea what I did or why it works but I am SOOO grateful for the fix. All notifications working suddenly after the fix

Nishita26

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2022
Hi there I had this problem too, but I've fixed it!

Here's how I did it:

1. Download the WhatsApp web app (from the App Store)
  2. Login to your WhatsApp web account (by scanning the code from your phone)
  3. Close the Whatsapp web app on your Mac
  4. Ask a friend to send you a message on WhatsApp
  5. On the top right you'll get a notification saying "configure WhatsApp notifications"
  6. Click that and you can choose your notification settings within system preferences
  7. Now WhatsApp will appear among the apps within system preferences!

This should solve the problem! Hope it helps.

I've struggled with this issue for a long time, and I finally got it to work!

Reactions: curdy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.