Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Sigh šŸ˜. Has anyone's iPad Pro order progressed beyond "processing" on the progress bar on the Apple website. I'm still confused about why my Apple Store pickup date isn't proceeded by a notification that it has shipped. Again, I suppose because I'm not the direct recipient of the shipment I'm left in the dark about the actual shipping date. Maybe it is already in the store?

As I've posted before a phone call to Apple left me with the impression that the only interim notice will be "Ready for pickup.

Anyone else getting more info on their order if it is an Apple Store pickup???

Cardiology103

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2024
Sigh šŸ˜. Has anyone's iPad Pro order progressed beyond "processing" on the progress bar on the Apple website. I'm still confused about why my Apple Store pickup date isn't proceeded by a notification that it has shipped. Again, I suppose because I'm not the direct recipient of the shipment I'm left in the dark about the actual shipping date. Maybe it is already in the store?

As I've posted before a phone call to Apple left me with the impression that the only interim notice will be "Ready for pickup.

I know Costcos have received their shipments for in store sales and have them locked up until Thursday. Four M4 13ā€ 256 in Syracuse.

Reactions: jazz1

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022

Why would it be anything other than ā€œprocessingā€ at this stage? The device doesnā€™t officially release until Wednesday, so it wonā€™t say that itā€™s ready for pickup.

Itā€™s also the weekend. Mine is due to be delivered to my house on Wednesday, so Iā€™m not expecting a tracking update until Tuesday - Monday if Iā€™m very lucky.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I know Costcos have received their shipments for in store sales and have them locked up until Thursday. Four M4 13ā€ 256 in Syracuse.
I hope that is my situationā€¦.meaning my Apple Store has everyoneā€™s pre-orders. I could have waited and just gone to the Apple Store and buy on the spot, but I wanted to make sure they had my configuration.

mtngal

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
Iā€™m going to be on the road on launch day and have a trade-in. I thought about pre-ordering with in-store pickup and committing to staying another day or two where I have to be on the 14th. But thereā€™s the trade-in aspect. So I keep going to the Apple Store and putting in the details of the one I want to see if it is still available at the store Iā€™ll be somewhat near. Itā€™s driving me nuts!

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
I wonder if the deliveries will ship Monday or Tuesday.
I do miss the days of watching the stuff get scanned in china and track it across the globe for launch.

• Love

mtngal

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
Got my Pro today. Just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed to this thread for so long.

Congrats on the new Pro! Iā€™m envious, big-time!

Iā€™m in transit, out in the middle of nowhere, but heading back to home-base tomorrow. Iā€™m planning on getting up and out as early as I can tomorrow, get into my site and drop the trailer, level, turn on the AC and then head to the Apple Store. If all works out, the trailer will be a reasonable temperature (like under 90Ā°F) when I return with a new Pro. Then Iā€™ll worry about doing the rest of the set-up.

Reactions: mebehere

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
Forgive me if that sounds confusing, but it was worth getting and Iā€™m satisfied with it but I donā€™t think itā€™s worth the money. I couldā€™ve gone to the other side of the world for a week with that kind of money

Reactions: 3Rock

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
Forgive me if that sounds confusing, but it was worth getting and Iā€™m satisfied with it but I donā€™t think itā€™s worth the money. I couldā€™ve gone to the other side of the world for a week with that kind of money
It canā€™t be worth getting and also not worth the money. If itā€™s too similar to your other one, take it back and keep the money.

Itā€™s time we viewed iPads like televisions, fridges, dishwashers - I donā€™t know about you but I donā€™t know what fridge models out, when they come out, and what the differences are. I bought my fridge when I moved home 9 years ago. It works perfectly so thatā€™s as much as I think about it.

I did upgrade my tv last week because my last one was 8 years old and I looked at devices within my budget. I didnā€™t bother looking to see if Samsung were superseding it next week.

It needs to be the same with consumer tech. These are mature product lines now, these arenā€™t the heady days of the iPhone evolving rapidly every couple of years. If someoneā€™s iPad meets their needs, they can pay no attention to the upgrades. If those upgrades seem like a worthy improvement, they can buy one.

Reactions: ericwn and Ludatyk

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
It canā€™t be worth getting and also not worth the money. If itā€™s too similar to your other one, take it back and keep the money.

Itā€™s time we viewed iPads like televisions, fridges, dishwashers - I donā€™t know about you but I donā€™t know what fridge models out, when they come out, and what the differences are. I bought my fridge when I moved home 9 years ago. It works perfectly so thatā€™s as much as I think about it.

I did upgrade my tv last week because my last one was 8 years old and I looked at devices within my budget. I didnā€™t bother looking to see if Samsung were superseding it next week.

It needs to be the same with consumer tech. These are mature product lines now, these arenā€™t the heady days of the iPhone evolving rapidly every couple of years. If someoneā€™s iPad meets their needs, they can pay no attention to the upgrades. If those upgrades seem like a worthy improvement, they can buy one.
Itā€™s not that Iā€™m not satisfied with it. I am keeping my iPad Pro, but I donā€™t think it has the right to be as expensive as it is. If Apple allowed me to open up my iPad and upgrade my storage and memory myself, I wouldā€™ve saved thousands of dollars. Itā€™s such a shame that the only way to have a decent amount of storage is to pay those disgusting storage upgrades. While it sucks that I paid more than a decent desktop, at least mine is extremely futureproofed

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
Itā€™s not that Iā€™m not satisfied with it. I am keeping my iPad Pro, but I donā€™t think it has the right to be as expensive as it is. If Apple allowed me to open up my iPad and upgrade my storage and memory myself, I wouldā€™ve saved thousands of dollars. Itā€™s such a shame that the only way to have a decent amount of storage is to pay those disgusting storage upgrades. While it sucks that I paid more than a decent desktop, at least mine is extremely futureproofed
I think the incremental jumps are too much. Either that or the base is a bargain. I went for the 256gb version, but my previous was 64gb so this is plenty. With iPad supporting external drives and the plethora of cheap cloud storage these days, I donā€™t really see much need for huge amounts of on-device storage anymore. I have my photos set to optimise space on the iPad which is a massive help, of course.

Reactions: xxray

Marswarrior462

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2020
Calgary, AB, Canada
I think the incremental jumps are too much. Either that or the base is a bargain. I went for the 256gb version, but my previous was 64gb so this is plenty. With iPad supporting external drives and the plethora of cheap cloud storage these days, I donā€™t really see much need for huge amounts of on-device storage anymore. I have my photos set to optimise space on the iPad which is a massive help, of course.
I like to keep everything on me. Even though I donā€™t agree with Appleā€™s prices, Iā€™m willing to pay top dollar for a portable all-in-one machine. Besides, everything looks great on an OLED display and I hate having to download my own photos and videos from the internet. Since I wanted a portable iPad, thatā€™s why I got the 13ā€ 2TB Cellular model with nano-texture, in space black and engraved with my name, and I also am a sucker for larger displays

mtngal

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
Got into town about 11, dropped the trailer and headed to the Apple Store. Iā€™m really liking the new 13ā€ iPad. Love the new pencil and was surprised at how much I enjoy using it (I lost my third one a year ago and never replaced it). Iā€™m very glad I didnā€™t have an address to pre-order one because I ended up getting a different color than I had planned on. So all is good. My main complaint is that the black cord is short for my situation. No biggie, I have longer cords around.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me going while I traveled and was gnashing my teeth because I didnā€™t have an address. It all worked out for the best - I had to go into a Verizon store to transfer my account, I couldnā€™t do it online. The store was across the street from the Apple Store so very quick and easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.