Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Apple just emailed developers about an iCloud data wipe on July 7th, possibly related to beta 3?

Here you go with an image. I hope I don't break too many NDAs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Apple just emailed developers about an iCloud data wipe on July 7th, possibly related to beta 3?

Yup...means we're gonna get Yosemite DP3 and iOS 8 Beta 3 on Tues. 7/8. No real surprise that they're in a 3-week release cycle now.

I'm just excited that we'll be able to start the "When will Beta 4 arrive?" thread any day now!

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
Yup...means we're gonna get Yosemite DP3 and iOS 8 Beta 3 on Tues. 7/8. No real surprise that they're in a 3-week release cycle now.

I'm just excited that we'll be able to start the "When will Beta 4 arrive?" thread any day now!

I'll just be excited to use the messages app hopefully without it freezing (that's if they fixed it)

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Wow. Some of the things people think. I've just found this from a website via Google News.

"Reports added that the upcoming beta version will be the final beta update of the mobile software before it will release the official version of the iOS in the fall."

LOL.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Wow. Some of the things people think. I've just found this from a website via Google News.

"Reports added that the upcoming beta version will be the final beta update of the mobile software before it will release the official version of the iOS in the fall."

LOL.

Yikes. I would hope not. This beta 3 can't get here soon enough.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013

LOL.

Yeah... no. :p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Probably the 22nd. Typically, betas come out 2 weeks apart. This time was just an exception due to the 4th of July or something.
And then they later come 3 weeks apart and sometimes some other time period apart.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
And then they later come 3 weeks apart and sometimes some other time period apart.

From what I remember of the past few years, the first betas are close to set intervals and by beta 5 or 6 they become more sporadic.

OVERTASK

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2013
∞o
Why Tuesday?

Still recovering from the weekend on Monday.

Wednesday is midweek so things are already starting to wind down for the weekend.

On Thursday the preparations for the weekend are in full swing.

Friday is pretty much the weekend already.

mr99

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2014

Wednesday is midweek so things are already starting to wind down for the weekend.

This makes perfect sense.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I sure hope it is today. I bet somebody at Apple was sitting there for the past 3 weeks just laughing at all the complaining about b2 :D

----------

It's always on Tuesdays now.

Meh, it could be today since it's been almost 3 weeks already.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
With Apple wiping CloudKit data today, the likelihood of a beta today is pretty good. Once done, they'd be wasting an entire 24 hours of development time between the purge, and starting anew.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London

You are amazing, thank you. Made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.