Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Still recovering from the weekend on Monday.

Wednesday is midweek so things are already starting to wind down for the weekend.

On Thursday the preparations for the weekend are in full swing.

Friday is pretty much the weekend already.
Makes "common sense" type of sense of course, but doesn't really mean it's related to any Apple scheduling or at least plays a driving role in it all.

BroadcastDoc

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
With Apple wiping CloudKit data today, the likelihood of a beta today is pretty good. Once done, they'd be wasting an entire 24 hours of development time between the purge, and starting anew.

I'm pretty certain that 24 hours of dev time isn't going to hurt them.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I'm pretty certain that 24 hours of dev time isn't going to hurt them.

Other than the fact that there is no reason for it, you mean?

They could have waited until tonight to purge the data and pause syncing, if they weren't going to release the beta until tomorrow.

----------

Still recovering from the weekend on Monday.

Wednesday is midweek so things are already starting to wind down for the weekend.

On Thursday the preparations for the weekend are in full swing.

Friday is pretty much the weekend already.

EVERYBODY works Tuesday.

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
{From Google News}
"Reports added that the upcoming beta version will be the final beta update of the mobile software before it will release the official version of the iOS in the fall."

Worst. Prediction. Ever.

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
The CloudKit wipe has already happened or is in the process, because yeterday my Manage Storage settings in iCloud had "iCloud Photo Library" listed, and now it's not there. I also gained space.

I think they did the wipe because of the issue with iCloud Photo Library where a lot iCloud space was taken up and couldn't be recovered if it was turned off.

Beta 3 should be ready today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Wouldn't it be better to wipe data after Beta 3 is out? That way most developers have upgraded and you don't have any old data created from Beta 2 sitting out there?

busch

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2014
Stuttgart, Germany
Wouldn't it be better to wipe data after Beta 3 is out? That way most developers have upgraded and you don't have any old data created from Beta 2 sitting out there?

iClound Photo Library is not present anymore since the data wipe today. I guess it will be re-enabled when you got Beta 3 on your device. So it makes sense.

Comparison yesterday and today:

ios8beta_wipe_before.jpg

ios8beta_wipe_after.jpg

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ

No, CloudKit data has been purged, and syncing as been paused for beta 2 devices. Which means, only beta 3 devices will abel to resume syncing with CloudKit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.