Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
stevehaslip said:
C but i'll wait til nearer the time before i decide whether or not to commit straight away. Also being a poor student (queue violin!) i don't know if i'll be able to afford it when it comes out. Although i will get a tasty discount it might mean no drinking for a week which is something that i am not prepared to do. :D
you europeans really need to replace your tap water with beer. it's all you drink anyways, so who would miss the water? we on the other hand, wouldn't mind hijacking all of your fresh water sources and giving you free beer, tony and bush should talk (rather than bush dictating to tony, and tony bending over and spreading his cheeks).

paxtonandrew

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2004
I Come From A Land Down Under
C

I had Jaguar and Panther within this time frame also. My Dad was one of the first in Sydney to get Panther, and he wants to make history repeat itself again next year.

On a side note, Happy 1st Birthday Panther, and I must say how good it is to have a Operating System for more than a year, unlike some of the previous updates.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If I'm still an ADC member, I'll install it as soon as they send it to me. If not, I'll probably still get it quite quickly.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
My answer is:
Blue Velvet said:
D) Once they've released 10.4.3 or 4... what do you think I am? Some kind of crazy early adopter?

I did the same with Panther, didn't upgrade until 10.3.5 actually (quite recently, in fact). Just waited for all the quirks and problems to get sorted out..

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
A.

Definitely A!!!
Like I did with every Mac OS release ever since Mac OS 8.5

I like getting into a local AppleCentre (not Store...), and kinda celebrate it's launch.
There ususally are a couple of dozen folks like me there! Fun. :)

(eh... am I really becoming a nerd??? :rolleyes: )

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MacsRgr8 said:
(eh... am I really becoming a nerd??? :rolleyes: )

Becoming? :p :cool:

Yah, there's something to be said for picking up a new OS or app right away, as soon as it comes out. Personally though, I'm quite enjoying Panther and am in no big rush to pick up Tiger right away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.