Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
where did all the apple pencil went? i saw couple on auction on ebay rest is pre-order just like us. Not on amazon either. I read a thread here in macrumors that some people got it which means they made apple pencil or whoever is the manufacturer but why so less quantity. Did you made only 50-100 units or maybe less. Is its possible that the container drowned in the sea but if thats the case we might have heard about it. I hope there is no conspiracy against apple so people cant buy ipad pros's main accessory so they become disappointed and return ipp. I hope everything is okay.

NO IT'S NOT OKAY!

no, seriously, .....it's not ok :D

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Just got a call from our contact with the business team at our Apple Store. He was able to hold two pencils for us so we just drove up and picked them up!

image.jpeg

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
I found them at Apple Oxmoor in Louisville. The Apple employee said "just one?". I thought about it for a second and said no give me two and he did so without hesitation.

I got home and called about 5 die hard Apple fans like me and only one had ordered the Pro but he was not interested in the pencil. I was trying to sell it to them at cost. I threw it on eBay with a starting bid of $70 knowing I would definitely get my money back at least. I put $250 on Buy It Now just for the heck of it. 10 minutes later I had $250 sitting in my Paypal account! I was shocked. I overnighted it for free to the guy who bought it and he will have it before noon tomorrow.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I found them at Apple Oxmoor in Louisville. The Apple employee said "just one?". I thought about it for a second and said no give me two and he did so without hesitation.

I got home and called about 5 die hard Apple fans like me and only one had ordered the Pro but he was not interested in the pencil. I was trying to sell it to them at cost. I threw it on eBay with a starting bid of $70 knowing I would definitely get my money back at least. I put $250 on Buy It Now just for the heck of it. 10 minutes later I had $250 sitting in my Paypal account! I was shocked. I overnighted it for free to the guy who bought it and he will have it before noon tomorrow.

Damn...should have had them save me a couple more to do just this! Not a bad profit. Amazing how much money people will pay for things they're desperate for.

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
I found both the apple keyboard and pencil at the Country Club Plaza Apple Store in Kansas City today. I didn't feel like taking it out of the area so someone else like me could get it. I was disappointed in that they would not tell me on the phone how many they had not hold it for me even thought I couldn't order for pickup at the store. I only wanted the keyboard and to my surprise they had the pencil. Very impressed with it. I wish it worked with the 6s+ but can't figure that one out. Now just need to figure out a way to keep track of it.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

jwill99

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2013
They have 8 of the Pencils in stock at the Apple Store in Mall of Georgia, Buford, GA, this evening.

Acraig0820

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2015
Just picked up my iPad pro today and I am loving it...however it seems that no one around me is carrying the Apple Pencil? I went to order it on Apple.com but it's estimating 4 to 5 weeks until it ships?! It seems the same is true for the smart keyboard: no one seems to have it in stock.

Anyone know where I can get the Apple Pencil in a reasonable amount of time? Seems very stupid that the iPads are available but the accessories that set them apart from the other iPads are nowhere to be found. All this is to me right now is a big iPad, no different from my other iPad. Was really hoping I could use the pencil to take notes in class on Monday.
I found mine at Best Buy today after deciding to buy the Pro this morning. Refresh the "find near zip code" page all day. It was dead until suddenly the pencil showed up at a store not too far away. Order and set for pickup immediately. They were gone in minutes.

Xprmntr

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2015
Minneapolis
My order from Apple moved to preparing a day ago, with an end date of Friday, while my Best Buy order has been delayed from today to Friday due to ups making some sort of stocking mistake. So much for 30$ rush fees

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
I placed an order for the pencil with Best Buy last night and it shipped this morning with a delivery date of tomorrow. Keep checking their site as the stock seems to go in and out.

scotty918

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2015
I have two pencils being delivered Friday (November 27th). However, I already bought two at Best Buy. If anyone lives in the Tulsa area, I'd be happy to sell them to you at cost.

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Just received my Apple Pencil and canceled my order from Apple that shows delivery end of December.

Xprmntr

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2015
Minneapolis
Just picked up 2 extras from BB now!

Making my total number of pencils 4! Will return if can't sell

Seems like next Friday will be the day a lot of people get theirs

Themoth

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
IL
Just picked up 2 extras from BB now!

Making my total number of pencils 4! Will return if can't sell

Seems like next Friday will be the day a lot of people get theirs
All mine will be Del on Friday this week. Just needed another keyboard.

MacPro2014

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
That can't be real. 2200 for a pencil
The scalper must have had multiple accounts and drove up the price to a point not realizing that at one point it became moot. Either that or the "winning" bid needs to have a head exam.

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
I was going to buy the Pro and Pencil today, but no Pencil in stock so left empty handed. eBay vampires are buying up all the pencils so they can create demand and push prices up. I won't play that game. Apple should have made a policy to only sell the Pencil to people who buy or can prove they own an iPad Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.