Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PuntNL

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Ordered the midnight green 11 pro. Still heavily doubting if to put on a case and/or which case to put on. Doubting between the forest green leather or the saddle brown..

What are you guys looking for in the combination with the Midnight Green iPhone?

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Bought a couple cheap flexible TPU cases with air-cushioned corners from Amazon like I do every year. I have AppleCare, so I'm really just looking for something to protect from scratches.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
That's the problem with these long combined threads... no one goes back and reads and answers legitimate questions...

I wonder the same thing... not just with spigen for other clear ones, too. I mean I know the apple leather worked well for me the last 2 phones.... but this year I want clear. Not a fan of apples open bottom. I also want matte and it appears spigen and others are all shiny. Haven't been able to get an answer on if the apple one is matte like the phones....

I'm torn. I ordered a cheapy from amazon for immediate use and the clear from apple (not shipping til later since I waited.)
[doublepost=1568394428][/doublepost]

if you are concerned about dust and lint then even moreso I would say leather... I never have issues with lint with my apple leather... just some dirt when I use the phone at the range with my dirty hands! lol! but it cleans off! (the dirty hands were more of a problem with my pretty pink case on my X.... but with black you don't have to worry about dirt or dust/lint with leather!)

Incipio usually has a "transparent" case that is matte, looks like the clear case they have up is clear though. I would keep an eye on their site.
[doublepost=1568400176][/doublepost]My only gripe with clear cases is the yellowing over time but I guess that's to be expected.

Reactions: AE14 and caligurl

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I bought the clear case and the green leather case from apple and I will try them both out. I had the green leather one last year on the XS Max

I did the exact same thing. I had saddle brown the last 2 years. I will probably go with the green and return the clear as I’ve never like a clear case but I figured I give apples a shot

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Thinking of forrest green leather or saddle brown leather, or both. Maybe a bumper if they still make those?

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I was thinking of doing this, I could already picture the patina and the midnight green shade combined. However, I’m thinking of rocking it naked with Apple care plus and a screen protector at least. I don’t know what to do.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
EFE7B7D7-BD4B-4C14-9B79-3453863895FB.jpeg
I just got this one in the mail today, its clear with a print. Pretty sturdy case. I will buy more cases later. This is good for now along with my screen protectors.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Incipio usually has a "transparent" case that is matte, looks like the clear case they have up is clear though. I would keep an eye on their site.
[doublepost=1568400176][/doublepost]My only gripe with clear cases is the yellowing over time but I guess that's to be expected.

Easier to swallow when it's a cheap case... notsumuch when it's apple priced. Wonder if they replace it if it yellows six months from now? I don't want to have to spend another $35 when I normally have my apple cases the full year.

Last edited:
Reactions: reebs

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
I bought the clear case and the green leather case from apple and I will try them both out. I had the green leather one last year on the XS Max
How did the green leather wear over time? Did it get a nice patina or just look dirty?
[doublepost=1568402107][/doublepost]
I was thinking of doing this, I could already picture the patina and the midnight green shade combined. However, I’m thinking of rocking it naked with Apple care plus and a screen protector at least. I don’t know what to do.
That’s a great idea. I’ve always wanted to do it but chicken out. I’d hate dealing with the broken glass and the process of having it replaced. I’ve used a leather case when outdoors but keep it nude whenever I’m at home or at my desk at work.

spiderpumpkin

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2014
I went with the Apple Pine Green silicone case for my Midnight Green iPhone Pro Max. I had the Apple green leather case for my XS Max last year but I don't want the exact same case again.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Just got the tech 21 evo check in. Tremendous improvements over previous iterations. Bottom lip is no longer saggy, buttons are better and interchangeable. Only draw back, as with all clear/smoke cases, fingerprints. Really can’t wait for my 11 pro max

Reactions: blaine07 and reebs

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
The Torras slim case I ordered from Amazon yesterday for the 11 Pro just arrived. Been using the XS version for the past 6 months and it’s held up better than the other 2-3 brands of slim cases I tried prior to it as far as resisting scuffs and scratches. Feel of it is also very nice and the 11 version looks to be exactly the same material and fit/finish.

Also ordered an Apple leather case to have another option but I prefer the thinner cases so it won’t likely get used as often.

Apple leather cases are very thin.

Jacc Sparrow

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Brooklyn Nyc
Ordered my iPhone 11 pro this morning, and I had Favorited both the Max & the 5.8 cases, I was not sure which phone i was going with. During check out I was moving too quick and ordered the damn Max case...Boy I am stupid, by the time I realized the clear cases were on back order until mid October. Oh well, cancelled the clear and will probably go with the yellow in leather

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.