Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Are the apple leather cases still slippery as f$%#? I tried a couple on my iPhone 7 and ended up not using any of them because of the lack of grip. Are the new cases better in this regard?
Feels the same as usual but they always break in when the waxy layers wear down

Reactions: Fuchal

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
My armadillotek vanguard will be here today and my tech21 evocheck will be here tomorrow. Evidently they greatly improved the buttons. Now just need the phone

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Anyone seen any clear frosted cases? I had one for my X but I can’t find it and don’t remember the brand.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
My armadillotek vanguard will be here today and my tech21 evocheck will be here tomorrow. Evidently they greatly improved the buttons. Now just need the phone
Got my armadillo tek in. Very sturdy. There are definite differences between the 11 pro max and XS max as it doesn’t sit well in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 264

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
If I decide to get the 11 Pro Max, I’ll probably get the Zizo Bolt. I like this case and have used one on 6S Plus and XS Max.

21C591F7-3634-4E14-9BE5-438F0F7190FF.jpeg

Reactions: DigitalGrl

BastardSheep

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Long thread is long.

I'm going to peruse through the posts slowly. But in the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations for something non-folio with a stand for horizontal video watching (streaming sport etc) that works flawlessly with NFC and wireless charging?

From what I've read, most cases with stands are either too thick to work with wireless charging, or have metal bits in them that interfere. Either that, or they're folio cases.

If anyone responds with a ****** / google search link, please note that I've asked for recommendations, not just what exists. Google searches can provide suggestions and examples mostly based on who has the best SEO. But I'm hoping for recommendations.

Tekzilla

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Shoreham, NY
I want to get the clear case as I'm getting Midnight green which looks so cool I wanna show it off a bit, but is the Apple one at $40 that much better than say Spigen at $14? Seems like a crazy difference. Previously I had gone Leather so I didn't mind spending more, but this seems like a wide difference for plastic.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Long thread is long.

I'm going to peruse through the posts slowly. But in the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations for something non-folio with a stand for horizontal video watching (streaming sport etc) that works flawlessly with NFC and wireless charging?

From what I've read, most cases with stands are either too thick to work with wireless charging, or have metal bits in them that interfere. Either that, or they're folio cases.

If anyone responds with a ****** / google search link, please note that I've asked for recommendations, not just what exists. Google searches can provide suggestions and examples mostly based on who has the best SEO. But I'm hoping for recommendations.

‘The Zizo Bolt case I noted earlier (post #111) has a built in stand. Personally I think it’s a little flimsy, but have certainly used it. No metal bits. It’s supposed to work with wireless charging but I’ve never tried it.

Bill Av

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006

How good are first generation cases with built in screen protectors nowadays? Whenever I bought a first gen Otterbox, the screen protector always made tapping the screen harder - especially the corners.

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I just ordered the Totallee thin case (clear). Hopefully it’s the same quality as their XS Max cases!

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
What's the best clear case for the Pro Max? I'd like a slight lip so the front of the screen doesn't touch a table if I have it face down. And would like all around protection on the sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.