Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State

I posted a email from Pitaka on the iPhone 14 case link. They sent me an email about getting a case on Amazon when it launches. I’m hoping it’s gonna be for free so I replied and we’ll see what they send as a link.

Reactions: VaderRulez

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I posted a email from Pitaka on the iPhone 14 case link. They sent me an email about getting a case on Amazon when it launches. I’m hoping it’s gonna be for free so I replied and we’ll see what they send as a link.

Same

Reactions: DonnyXMX

Sweet_Caroline

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2022
Earth
Wow. I’m a one case per phone kinda person. Did not realize there was another way. Do you swap between them, or retire one when you find something you like more?
I’ll find a case I like for cheap and get it. Then I’ll find another one, and it keeps going. I swap between them depending what I need also. Some will hold my license and a credit card when I don’t carry my purse.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Only if they had anti fingerprint coating.

Last edited:

beastly_beast

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2023
I’ll find a case I like for cheap and get it. Then I’ll find another one, and it keeps going. I swap between them depending what I need also. Some will hold my license and a credit card when I don’t carry my purse.

Huh. I just get the best case I can research, make sure it has good MagSafe, make sure it looks good, and then get a PopWallet+ for MagSafe. The wallet comes on or off depending on the situation, but I never have to buy a second case.

Sweet_Caroline

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2022
Earth
Huh. I just get the best case I can research, make sure it has good MagSafe, make sure it looks good, and then get a PopWallet+ for MagSafe. The wallet comes on or off depending on the situation, but I never have to buy a second case.
I like verity and I’ll be in a mood where I want the case to match the band on my watch.

saltxd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2023
Think they’ll change the size of the new phones? Wondering if the 15 cases will fit on an iPhone 14

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Think they’ll change the size of the new phones? Wondering if the 15 cases will fit on an iPhone 14
They rarely do... even if the phones are the same physical dimensions, the "option" button (formerly the silent switch) and/or camera lens placement can wreak havoc on the chances of the case from a previous iPhone model fitting the new one. It could happen, but my money is on Apple's planned obsolescence. It's how they roll these days.

saltxd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2023
Yea it seems like they’ve changed the camera bump size every year since the X so not sure how much bigger it can get

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I always get the Spigen Liquid Crystal case. It's the most durable thin case I've found that still allows me to see the beautiful design of the iPhone. I use the Spigen screen protector as well.

Reactions: johnyslats

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
We've been loyal Otterbox users for years. Just bought the Defender XT for the phones that will be handed down to the kids. Since I hate that we ended up buying two different cases for these phones (ones that DH/I used that weren't tough enough for the kids), we will likely look for Defender XT. I'd be happy if the Commuter came with MagSafe for the 15 Plus. My Aneu case has been used for 2 solid years but the bumpers are now separating from the back - another hint that we need some tougher cases.

All 4 in our house are clutzy and we regularly drop our phones.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
Patiently waiting for the Caudabe Sheath to be available for the 15.
Side note: I love the case, obviously. Just wish it was a bit thinner.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'll even settle for a Ringke Onyx at this point :rolleyes:

onyx02.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.