Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Did anyone receive this email from Casekoo?

Those look nice. Some were already listed as sold out for iPhone 15 Pro Max and 15 Pro. I wonder if they actually sold out preorder stock or didn’t have them ready at all yet.

I’ve used some of their non MagSafe clear cases in the past and liked most of them.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Pitaka is offering preorders for the iPhone 15 series cases. There is no Air Case though. I wonder if there is plans for the Air Case. Maybe not since they didn’t have it for the iPhone 14 series :( Guess I’ll have to settle for the MagEZ Case, unless there are other alternatives.

Reactions: VaderRulez

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Those look nice. Some were already listed as sold out for iPhone 15 Pro Max and 15 Pro. I wonder if they actually sold out preorder stock or didn’t have them ready at all yet.

I’ve used some of their non MagSafe clear cases in the past and liked most of them.
I’ve realized over the years, that the only clear case that didn’t turn yellow for me was the Caudabe Lucid Clear, and the one without MagSafe was nice and thin.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Why spend all that money on a iPhone to put it in a cheap case

Just don’t be a klutts, I haven’t had a case in years

You are welcome to go caseless but why come in this thread to complain?

I am a bit klutzy and live with 3 other klutzy people. My kids try but tend to drop things regularly. We live several hours from an Apple Store so repairs would take a very long time.

For us, investing in a Otterbox case and screen protector are cheaper than paying for insurance and dealing with a lot of down time. The cheaper cases (even the less protective Otterbox cases) just aren’t enough to handle the drops that happen in my house.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
More mous branding on the back?

IMG_0201.png

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
I’ve got significant sailing under my belt too, getting splashed hasn’t been a factor

Using it as a tool, like to hammer in nails, or as a door stop, I could get the case, or if being used by someone with poor motor skills 🤷‍♂️

Personally I’d just go with a screen protector, as these soft screens seem to even scratch just being in a pocket with nothing else, and call it a day
Having “significant sailing” under your belt certainly doesn’t suggest experience using your phone as a tool in a rugged environment.

Same as you I guess

I work outdoors around equipment, not really a factor
Standing near ”heavy equipment” doesn’t quite get there either - without more detail. My mailman does that.

If you don’t want to use a case, great. I have no issue with that. Just don’t slide into a forum about what case to get and belittle folks who are discussing what case to get. It’s not welcome. Especially if you don’t recreate (sail) or work (heavy equipment) in environments that would necessitate it.

I find your comment about the screen protector constructive, though. I do appreciate the fact that someone as against cases as you are (willing to forum-bomb a forum about what case to buy) would still be one to put a screen protector on. That is interesting and telling about the state of screen durability.

Reactions: Pug72

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
horrible looking cases but;

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
horrible looking cases but;

Have you ever tried one?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Caudabe doesn’t have their 15 pages live yet but if you go to the 14 variant and in the address bar put 15 instead they showed some products. The Sheath was up earlier and the initial offering looked to be with the action button open. It said they are revising the case to have it covered and once they release that in another month or so you can just email them to get the latest case no charge. It also looks like they are bringing back the gray color which I guess goes hand in hand with the new titianium color.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Caudabe doesn’t have their 15 pages live yet but if you go to the 14 variant and in the address bar put 15 instead they showed some products. The Sheath was up earlier and the initial offering looked to be with the action button open. It said they are revising the case to have it covered and once they release that in another month or so you can just email them to get the latest case no charge. It also looks like they are bringing back the gray color which I guess goes hand in hand with the new titianium color.
Action button wide open = No buy for me.

Reactions: iFone88

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Ringke's page exists just no cases yet
Here are 2 pic of the Onyx case before they pulled everything down.
Wonder why they did not show the volume & action button side?

onyx02.jpg
onyx01.jpg

Reactions: TruthWatcher412
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.