Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spike77777

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
Utah
Just picked up a M1 mini yesterday, using it on my LG C2 77 for media and web surfing. Replaced my old but still useful and solid 2012 i7 mini.

vasim

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2017
C27R50X Samsung 27 Curved. Works very good. The colours are not perfect but OK. Mac mini M1

kodabear

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2020
Using a LG 27-UP600W via HDMI and a 32-UL950W via TB 3. No issues. Everything works as it should.

kodabear

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2020
Using a LG 27-UP600W via HDMI and a LG 32-UL950W via TB 3. No issues. Everything works as it should.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2009
I'm running this Asus ProArt display. No problems with it thus far, and I think it looks really gorgeous. It has more certifications and such than I reasonably need, but the price is good and it's the same size as my Apple LED Cinema Display, so they go well together.

ETA: I should have mentioned: There's no webcam, but that doesn't bother me. And the speakers are absolute, 100% garbage, but I use external speakers anyway, so that doesn't apply in my case. YMMV

Reactions: OddyOh

Eduardot

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
Using 3 monitors: 1 LG 27ul850W and 2 Samsung S27D850. Using a Wavlink usb 3.0 to HDMI adapter, since my Mac mini m1 only supports 2 monitors. All running without issues. The sad part of them is that I have to turn off the silicon motion software that drives the wav link to be able to see: Netflix, Apple TV and Prime Video. That is the main reason why I will be upgrading to an M2 Pro or Mac Studio Ultra soon.

Last edited:

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida

I've had an M1 mini running the 75" version of this screen in my classroom for about a year now, and it's been an absolute delight! The touch functionality works beautifully, and the mini doesn't break a sweat running the display and all the software I need for my robotics and coding classes. It's an incredibly smooth and pleasant experience compared to the 2014 mini that was previously running this display :)

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Also coming from LONG term iMac 27" history: In embracing "separates," there was no real obligation to go ASD (and I didn't want to anyway). Like OP, I also wanted to go BIGGER, not so much in height, but width. I wanted more horizontal RE, so that meant ultra-wide.

I went for the 5K 2K Dell 40" ultra-wide. The screen looks every bit as good as the old iMac 27" but delivers much more screen RE. I could NEVER go back to the 16:10 or so "normal" now. And if this one conked today, I'd buy it again.

This monitor also has a built-in hub with a good variety of useful ports (instead of only a few of only 1 port type), including FOUR video inputs instead of just one...

u4021qw-monitor-responsive-module6.jpg

This mattered to me because bootcamp mattered to me... and ARM Windows is not necessarily equal to full Windows. So in embracing Silicon in a new Mac, I also purchased a Mac Mini-like PC for old fashioned bootcamp, linking it into one of those other ports.

Bonus: if I like, the screen can split, so that I can have Mac and PC taking up halves at the same time. For me, this is BETTER than old bootcamp where it was basically shut one down to use the other... AND BETTER than Parallels because there is no annual subscription (pretty much required if one tries to go that way).

I expect this screen to last 10+ years, which means it will likely be my screen with my next Mac and maybe the one after that too. That's so much nicer than having to throw out a perfectly good screen in iMac when the tech guts conk... or are made obsolete by macOS corporate decisions.

I encourage anyone interested to take a look. For about the same cost as ASD, you get much more screen, the hub, the flexibility, etc.

Also, Samsung's Viewfinity S9 should hit at any time now and it appears to be a 27" ASD clone, probably MINUS the big fat Apple margin. That has great potential to be a strong choice too.

Last edited:

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
It's been [checks watch] like a while year since my last absurd upgrade of my setup, so my plan for new M2 Pro Mini is:

- LG 40" curved 5K2K as primary
- LG DualUp as secondary

Looking forward to this mess <3
Just today I ordered a pair of LG DualUp displays for my WFH PC. I won't be using these monitors on my Mac, but I look forward to receiving them.

My WFH PC workstation has 4 portrait displays. The two on the outside are 24" Dell 1920x1600 displays from several years ago. They're pretty much text-only displays. The inner two are 27" LG 4K displays. They're quite nice but the aspect ratio is a little tall (in portrait). Since I use these for reviewing medical imaging from home, the extreme top and bottom of each display pretty much doesn't get used as the aspect ratio (16:9) is vastly different than medical image aspect ratios.

The DualUp displays, however, are nearly exactly the aspect ratio of a chest xray (35:43) -- wider but shorter than 9:16 (portrait 16:9) -- and have more pixels horizontally than a standard 4K (again, in portrait mode):

- 27" 4K = 0.56 (2160x3840) 9:16
- Standard chest xray = 0.82 (35cm x 43cm)
- 28" DualUp = 0.89 (2560x2880) 16:18

So as long as the DualUp specs are similar enough to the 4K displays I'm using (which they appear to be), I think I'll be quite happy.

I'll report back when I've got them up and running. Had to order them through work from their vendor, so it could be a week or two before they arrive.

Spike77777

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
Utah
LG 43" 4K (LG43UN700-B). One of the best decisions I ever made.

View attachment 2199778
That tv works well as a pc monitor, I used one for 6 months until I retired it as a tv in the bedroom. If you're at your desk for hours and have the funds, I'd recommend either a LG 42 or 48 OLED. My replacement is the 48 and been using it about a year. Makes it a joy to be staring at for work.

Reactions: tarasis

javyLSU

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2023
That tv works well as a pc monitor, I used one for 6 months until I retired it as a tv in the bedroom. If you're at your desk for hours and have the funds, I'd recommend either a LG 42 or 48 OLED. My replacement is the 48 and been using it about a year. Makes it a joy to be staring at for work.
Thanks. I know it looks like it, but this isn’t a TV - it’s a 4K computer display. I’ve tried using a TV as a computer display before and the PPI is not good enough for prolonged use. This display is IPS, and I’ve been really happy with it.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
My two LG DualUp monitors have arrived and I've set them up on my home work PC.
They're individually much larger than I anticipated and they look great. Each (the two center monitors) are 28" diagonal. The size is quite impressive as it's unusual to see a monitor with this kind of aspect ratio.
The small left side monitor is 24" and the right side monitor is 27".
I'm using them for my home workstation to review medical imaging, and the sheer size is fantastic. And the reason I bought them is because the aspect ratio of the DualUp's 16:18 ratio is almost exactly the standard aspect ratio of a chest x-ray.
IMG_2117.jpg

GS Owner

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
I use a HP Eye Ease Monitor. I literally have only 19½ inches of clearance on my home computer desk. It fits very nicely.
I measured so many difference makes, models and sizes....I don't need any Super-Duper 64K, 4D display, just Good Enough to see what is being shown. I may take hundreds of pictures with my iPad nearly every week, but I'm not the end user.

zer0ed

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2016
Idaho
Just recently purchased the 32" LG 32UP83A-W. It's been working fine with my Mac Mini M1.

ovbacon

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
My two LG DualUp monitors have arrived and I've set them up on my home work PC.
They're individually much larger than I anticipated and they look great. Each (the two center monitors) are 28" diagonal. The size is quite impressive as it's unusual to see a monitor with this kind of aspect ratio.
The small left side monitor is 24" and the right side monitor is 27".
I'm using them for my home workstation to review medical imaging, and the sheer size is fantastic. And the reason I bought them is because the aspect ratio of the DualUp's 16:18 ratio is almost exactly the standard aspect ratio of a chest x-ray.
View attachment 2201335
What mini are they on?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have four different displays connected to two Mac mini M1s. All of them work fine, EXCEPT that HDMI displays will sometimes show a screen of “Static” when waking the Mac. Since I have two displays, I can use the non-HDMI display to go to Apple menu > Sleep and wake it back up, and that resolves the issue temporarily.

It’s not enough of a bother for me to actually troubleshoot; could be flaky HDMI cables I suppose but 2 different computers, 2 different brand displays, 2 different cables… seems systemic. Both are fully up to date so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just sleep ‘em and wake ‘em. If using only one display - I’d suggest it NOT be HDMI

zer0ed

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2016
Idaho
I have four different displays connected to two Mac mini M1s. All of them work fine, EXCEPT that HDMI displays will sometimes show a screen of “Static” when waking the Mac. Since I have two displays, I can use the non-HDMI display to go to Apple menu > Sleep and wake it back up, and that resolves the issue temporarily.

It’s not enough of a bother for me to actually troubleshoot; could be flaky HDMI cables I suppose but 2 different computers, 2 different brand displays, 2 different cables… seems systemic. Both are fully up to date so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just sleep ‘em and wake ‘em. If using only one display - I’d suggest it NOT be HDMI
I'm using the Mac Mini M1's HDMI port connected to the LG 32UP83A-W 32" monitor and have experienced no problems.

Last edited:

mr_jomo

Cancelled
Dec 9, 2018

LG 32UN880-B 32 Inch UltraFine™ Display Ergo 4K​

So amazing on the m1++ mac Minis 🤩

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.