Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I can’t decide between the two if I purchase the Apple Watch series 6. I have a SS gold series 5 and so far it’s not showing any scratches. However, I am quite opting for the SS silver this time and I’ve never had one before, so I’m just wondering between the two which one scratches more easily and more visibly? Also for a woman would stainless steel silver be good also? I’ve never seen any women posting a SS silver in the forum so I’m wondering if it would look alright? Thank you!

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
Definitely more visible on a stainless steel silver. But I prefer silver :) it's easier for the silver case to combine with any band color.

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
But you shouldn't forget that SS silver is the only option to get scratches out of the watch with polishing it like a shiny brand new watch. You can't do that with coated SS. So somehow it is the most secure option. You have scratches you don't want to see, you polish it. People got their totally scratched old SS AW to shine again with almost no work and no cost.

bonjourx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Thank you for all the responses! Is there any women in the forum that has a stainless steel that they can post? I’ve never seen one and I’m thinking of getting it this time because I kinda am not liking the new gold ss.

• Haha
Reactions: AndrewR23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.