Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which one do you prefer or use the most

• Total voters

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Lets do this right ;)

The other in Lenovo means other Lenovo type. I have a Yoga 11s but there is a Yoga smaller tablet as well.

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I'm pretty evenly split between my LG G Pad GPE and my iPad Air but since I could only pick one, I choose the Air. I generally take the G Pad out of the house with me and use the Air at home but on occasion will take the Air with me, depending on where I'm going/what I'm doing.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Of 2013 Devices

We'll I've had the Nexus 7 2013, iPad Air, LG Gpad 8.3, iPad Mini Retina and most lately Surface Pro 2.

As strictly a 'tablet' my choice would be ipad mini retina....

Though I do like the surface pro 2 as a drawing device for me.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I use my Galaxy Note 10 for teaching where I need note taking and quick writing ability because I love having the built in stylus that works.
I use my ipad 4 at home and for non-business traveling.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I use the Nexus 7 2013 the most, but I eventually want a Surface Pro 2 or a future gen.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Lets do this right ;)

The other in Lenovo means other Lenovo type. I have a Yoga 11s but there is a Yoga smaller tablet as well.

Bah... you are making me chose between my Mini and Nexus 7. :(

Edit: Picked the Nexus 7, but only because I can use a PS3 controller to game on it. :)

Last edited:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Hmm, you forgot a biggie. I use an Atom powered windows 8 tablet, simply amazing in what it can do. I would never go back to a non-windows tablet ever.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
I use iPad. But only because the App Store is so damn good.

In terms of the OS, and the hardware configurations, I prefer Windows 8 tablets (multi-user support, active digitisers, sd cards, file system)

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Lets do this right

Still not quite right, I would say.

I would suggest the following as the pertinent categories for a poll:

Full size iPad
Mini iPad
Full size Android tablet
Mini Android tablet
Full size Windows x86 tablet
Mini Windows x86 tablet
Full size Windows ARM tablet

With Mini referring to 8" or less.

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I voted iPad Air, but I actually use an iPad 3.

After using my nexus 5 I'd love to buy a nexus 10, buy I had already agreed to buy this iPad from my mother-in-law. Maybe in a few years I can order the Nexus 10 or it's future equivalent.

zmon

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2013
Louisiana
HP Touchpad running Kitkat. IMO, Android is better as a tablet OS after using the touchpad and ipad over a few months. I wish there were more 4:3 Android tablets though, wouldn't mind an increase in specs...

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I tried to get many different choices but there are a lot. Asus makes the Nexus tablets.

Asus also makes Transformer tablets. The feature of the Transformer tablets is that they have what I consider to be the best keyboard dock of any tablet. The Nexus tablets do not have a keyboard dock specifically made for it. Also, the Transformer tablets are 10". They are different enough that I think they deserve their own category.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I tried to get many different choices but there are a lot. Asus makes the Nexus tablets.

Not quite true, Asus makes the 7" Nexus tablets. Pretty sure Samsung made the 10" Nexus (the new one hasn't been released yet and may not be Samsung-built).

My option isn't on there. I have an Acer A500 that's still going strong. Got that one because it has a USB-A port to act as a host port, I've used it to charge (or at least prevent discharge) my phone while using the phone to watch movies rented from Google Play on a plane. I had to do that because at the time Google wouldn't let me cache the movies to the tablet but I could cache to the phone. The USB-host can also accept connections from cameras, to download pictures from the camera. It also still works good for everything I need it to.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Surface Pro 2 is my tablet of choice. Thought the weight would be an issue but I don't even notice the difference. Plus I get a full computer when I need one.

mrjohny

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2013
Nexus 7 is great, I rellay like to use it. I also tried Nexus 10, but I have not my own N10

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.