Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which one do you prefer or use the most

• Total voters

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and The Microsoft Surface Pro 2 are the two best tablets in the market in my opinion. I respect other users choices of iPad, Dell...etc. The iPad does not seem special to me because it does not have any advantages to the iPhone except for the 9.7' screen. Place the iPhone 5S and the iPad Air next to each other and you will see no difference in processing power, RAM, OS..etc. Some can say i'm a hypocrite because there is no difference between the Note 10.1 2014 edition and the Note III, but I can say that there are. While the Note 10.1 2014 gives me 100% of the OS and software features found on the Note III, the tablet does not has the Snapdragon 800 2.3Ghz processor as I own the wi-fi model (Quad-Core 1.9Ghz.) The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 gives me the best of the Note III on a bigger screen. S Note allows me to take my Job, creativity to the next level especially when I use the S-Pen. The Surface Pro 2 is not a tablet. Its a powerful computer with a price tag of $899.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and The Microsoft Surface Pro 2 are the two best tablets in the market in my opinion. I respect other users choices of iPad, Dell...etc. The iPad does not seem special to me because it does not have any advantages to the iPhone except for the 9.7' screen. Place the iPhone 5S and the iPad Air next to each other and you will see no difference in processing power, RAM, OS..etc. Some can say i'm a hypocrite because there is no difference between the Note 10.1 2014 edition and the Note III, but I can say that there are. While the Note 10.1 2014 gives me 100% of the OS and software features found on the Note III, the tablet does not has the Snapdragon 800 2.3Ghz processor as I own the wi-fi model (Quad-Core 1.9Ghz.) The Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 gives me the best of the Note III on a bigger screen. S Note allows me to take my Job, creativity to the next level especially when I use the S-Pen. The Surface Pro 2 is not a tablet. Its a powerful computer with a price tag of $899.

I'm not really following your logic in comparing the iPhone 5s/iPad Air and Note III/Note 10.1 (2014). First you state the iPad Air offers no advantages over the 5s except for a bigger screen, yet later go on to say that's exactly what you get with the Note 10.1 in comparison to the Note III. :confused: And if you think the processor difference between the two Note devices is an advantage, I'd beg to differ and that if anything, the phone has the superior CPU. I owned a Note 10.1 for about a month and while everything I read about the Note III says it's a lag free beast, the Note 10.1 using the Exynos CPU is far from that.

I do agree that the Note 10.1 offers some distinct advantages, especially with the included S-Pen, but also found it too suffer from much of the typical Samsung flaws (lag, touted features that actually lack usefulness, TouchWiz bloat) and a few others (hardware buttons make portrait use problematic, well documented bluetooth keyboard connectivity problems). And while improving, the availability of quality tablet apps for Android is still lagging (sorry, no pun intended ;)) iOS. A bit more polish and optimization on Samsung's part and they'd truly have a beast on their hands. IMO, lots of potential, just not quite there yet.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.