Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
I don't know about whether they should be cheaper or not. I just know that I won't pay 10 bucks for them, fun as they look. Two or three bucks, tops. But I understand there's a lot of work involved, so I'm not mad they're so expensive. I just won't be able to get them. Somehow, life moves on... ;)

amousa

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
I don't know about whether they should be cheaper or not. I just know that I won't pay 10 bucks for them, fun as they look. Two or three bucks, tops. But I understand there's a lot of work involved, so I'm not mad they're so expensive. I just won't be able to get them. Somehow, life moves on... ;)

I think it also depends on what it does for the money -- if it just shows a picture, don't pay 1k for it..you know? Things should definitely be priced fairly, though. :cool: But yes, I agree..the most I've paid is 7 bucks for Datacase and that's because it rocks!

MacTraveller

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
2.99$ should be the msot for a game or app.

Theres somany good ones for free as it is.

Yeah, get a job. You teenagers with ZERO INCOME shouldn't be allowed to have iPhones anyways, since all you do is suck up money from Mom and Dad to pay for your $80/month mobile phone bills.

raps27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
okay first of all i have an iTouch and second this was a yes or no question

njpodder

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007

Don't try to pretend like this wasn't a loaded yes or no question, kiddo. Next time, post a vote instead of starting a thread.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT

Your joking right??? ROTFLMAO...a yes or no question in a forum :eek: At least with a touch, your parents don't have to pay for your phone. Mow some lawns and rake some leaves and you can get a iTunes gift card to buy your games then your all set. ;)

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007

why do ppl say ITOUCH??? it just sounds weird. whenever i read it i think "what are you touching?"

Who thinks NAMCO games should be cheaper??

who thinks that. I want Pac-Man and Pole Position Remix, but dont got enough in my account

doesn't sound like a yes or no question. if you wanted yes or no you should of made it a poll or said something like "do you thinks that 10 is a fair price for pac man?"

tho you probably still would of gotten the same response. lol ppl know programming is hard and the developers deserve compensation for their labor.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
$10 just isn't worth it for Pacman, to me. I've bought several 9.99 apps—regretted some and loved others. I have no problems with developers making money. Aside from the whole, developers deserve compensation because programming is hard line, is this: Developers don't need 'compensation,' that's such a weak word. They need to be financially rewarded.

With developers like those that did Trism report amazingly high numbers in a such a short time, no doubt that lures talent to the field that might not have considered it before. Everyone wins. But just as in basic supply and demand, if you set the price too high, demand drops. Same with Pacman. I would have bought it day 1 of the app store, but not at that price for that game.

It may be amazingly coded with meticulous detail, but the value to me isn't met by the cost. So yes, I think the game should be cheaper. I won't be ridiculous and say all games should be cheaper. Even practically speaking, I can't wear out the games I have already. But I'm trying!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.