Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
The answer to this thread is, millions of people.

It’s the same thing with every iPhone release. There will always be a vocal group who have a problem, but people whose phones are working perfectly have little reason to come online just to say so. For every one reporting an issue, there’s probably like a thousand just enjoying their phone.

Which is not to say that the issues aren’t real, it’s just that the internet gives a skewed perception of how widespread they are.

Reactions: roncron and tnfan

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Not my wife and I (we have no issues with our Xs MAX (512GB) Gold and Space Grey).

If I only paid attention to Macrumors threads I'd think my phone completely a failure, useless, full of problems, and a waste of my hard earned money. People love to complain and to be outraged, it attracts attention and 20-40+ page threads. They do it every year with every release. Are the phones perfect? Nope. Can you find flaws with anything we humans make if you look hard enough? Yep. Will my wife and I get 2-3-4+ years of happy use out of these phones? Most likely, as we have with our last phones (8+, 6s+, 6+, 5, 4s).

Aeeelex

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
VIENNA, Austria
No problems with the Xs here in Austria. My new Xs outperforms my old 8. No problems with LTE or WiFi, no problems with charging. LTE, 3G and E performance compared with field test mode with X, 8 and even a 7... the Xs is as good as the others... download speed here in Austria’s A1 network improved to 220 Mbps ( 160 with my 8) and upload to 90 (60 with my 8). WiFi performance as before with a clear preference for my 5 GHz network...

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
256GB XS SG no issues at all. Wi-Fi and LTE are strong. I get reception in areas I never did with my 6S.

No issues with the screen. Charges just like any iPhone I’ve ever owned.

Ivabign

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
SoCal
Max no issues - just getting used to combinations of true-tone & auto brightness for the OLED.

aviddk

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
SW Oregon
Xs not only no problems, but a mind blowing upgrade from 6+. Outstanding in every way including the smaller size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.