Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregrichards

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
I don’t have any reception or charging issues with my XS Max. I have full bars for reception at all times. I’m very happy with the phone.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
No issues here on my max. Only had the charge “issue” thing happen once.

Had the 4S, 5S, 6, 6S, 7 plus, 8 plus and max all at launch and never had issues.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
Only issue was the full storage with system taking up 45gb of the 64gb a day after my iTunes restore. After a wipe and a iCloud restore. The system only took up a more reasonable 8 Gb. Love the gold xs max.

UltraWee

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2018
Totally fine here. Silver 256 Xs. Wife’s X screen is slightly brighter than my Xs. But I don’t see that as an issue.

I always feel that it’s the lower memory versions of the phones have issues. Maybe it’s just cause there are more of them in the wild.

Also here is a quick shot from the selfie camera.

QTvZxem_d.jpg

mjjferreira

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
I see sooo many complaints on this board and although I know that people will generally complain over posting praise, I wonder if I just got really lucky or if I'm not seeing any issues. It's pretty disheartening at times to come here and read thread after thread of complaints, issues, negative feedback or opinions, etc,

• I have no issues with charging. I plug my phone in when in a dead sleep and it connects right away to charge
  • I have no wifi issues or connectivity issues. I had more issues with my 7+ disconnecting my LTE every now and again than I do with my Max
  • I admit my bars are listed slightly lower than on my 7+ but I know that bars don't mean anything. In a week and a half I've only had 1 issue with a call failed, but there is no way to know if it was my end or the other person
  • I have zero issues with the screen. I have True Tone turned off and love the color, brightness and clarity with no eye strain, headaches or any other complaints
  • Hell, I have zero issues with the cost and while it's added another ~$20 to my monthly cell phone bill, I knew what I was getting into when I purchased it. Apple is known to charge more for their products than other companies but I feel that I'm getting a better quality for my $$. If my extra few bucks means that Apple has the extra money to continue to innovate, improve and provide more products than they can gladly have my $$!

There may be others that say I am lucky and I'm not here to negate issues that others are having, but generally get a thread just to show that there are *hopefully* lots of others with zero problems at all!

I love my max, this is the phone I've been waiting on for years now and I regularly and greatly enjoy it every opportunity that I can without dealing with or looking for flaws.

Am I alone here?

x2 (so far)

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Two iPhone X’s max

None of the reported issues on either device.

Interestingly enough one of the devices exhibited a pink shift on the top of the screen. Apple offered to exchange it completely hassle free.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Had no issues until I went to charge my handset this morning when I got to work, and noticed it didn't start charging until I tapped it :(
Not a huge issue, but hoping they fix in next update...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Had no issues until I went to charge my handset this morning when I got to work, and noticed it didn't start charging until I tapped it :(
Not a huge issue, but hoping they fix in next update...

I would expect some type of statement from Apple this week regarding the whole ‘charging issue’ with the iPhone XS, and I’m sure a software patch will be available relatively soon, that is if it is software related. Quite a few substantial media outlets reached out to Apple on this, so they are definitely aware of it.

Reactions: Ifti
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.