Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankfurt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2016
USA
I’m not returning because I never bought
in the first place. I don’t want something that deep into my ear canals. I can easily afford them, I just don’t want them.

I just gave in this week and bought 2nd gen AirPods for a steal of a price, new for $100 from an eBay seller (he only had one pair). I like them because of no wires, but I’m not in love with them.

Having to charge yet something else is a bit of a pain in the ass. I’m always worrying I’m going to drop one and my dog is going to eat it. I have to worry about having THREE separate things on me (plus my device) instead of one -the case and each AirPod. Sometimes the connection drops. And the worst, for me, no direct volume control from the AirPods themselves. The only reason I’m keeping them is because I got them for a steal, and I was sick of corded earbuds, so these are an improvement.... but just barely.

Thank you for letting us know that you don’t want APP though you could easily afford them! That made my day!

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Thank you for letting us know that you don’t want APP though you could easily afford them! That made my day!
I included that because I was anticipating the comments about how I don't want them because I can't afford them and that I'm just jealous. I guess I should have also anticipated your comment...
[automerge]1578816540[/automerge]
Actually, the APP do not push deep in the ear canals like most tip-equipped earbuds. It's more like they seal right against the opening.
They go in deeper than the standard AirPods, and that's deeper than my liking even though it might not be deep to you.

Reactions: guinness8878

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I finally gave in and returned mine. I thought I could get used to it not fitting me but the last week, if I kneeled down to pick up something I dropped, the right one would go flying out.
And the ear fit test went from working every 3rd try to never working.
I asked myself, why am I paying $250 for something this aggravating?
Lucky for me, Amazon had a super long return period.
The device itself is great, it just doesn't fit me, no matter what.
It is a mad race to escape my ear the minute I put them in, it seems.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

peaceActivist

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Returned mine. I had an issue with the left ear bud's arms for the silicon tips wouldn't hold the silicon tip well enough so it would click on and off constantly when walking. Thought I'd use this "apple care" that I finally ponied up on, they said they'd replace it over the phone but when I got there they didn't have any to replace it with. Ended up returning it and ordering online when I got home.

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom
Another one for the return section...

So I got a pair of the Pros last week. Initially they were great. ANC I thought was really good.

But as the week has gone on, I think I’m going to take them back and exchange them for another pair of Gen 2’s....

While I can pick up a seal initially with the medium tips, it’s not secure and I’m finding I’m having to constantly push them back in (more so the right ear). I can’t get a seal with the large tips and the small tips again just aren’t secure.

As someone above said, it shouldn’t be about having to fight with them in the hope you get used to them.

Unfortunate as they are a good bit of kit but I think I’m more suited to the regular ones.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.