Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you or will you not return the iPad mini 6 due to the recent reported issues?

• NO! I will keep the iPad mini 6

Votes: 112 61.2%
  • I plan to switch the mini 6 for another iPad such as the air or pro

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Yes I have returned or will rerun the iPad mini 6

Votes: 61 33.3%

• Total voters

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Due to the news of “jellying” and other issues, curious what percentage of people have returned, or plan to rerun their iPad mini 6?

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
so do we think the Jelly cant be fixed by software?
You should add a poll option of "not going to buy it now as a result"
no only concerned with those who actually have it.. and just wonder what percent of minis is this occurring on??

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
so do we think the Jelly cant be fixed by software?

no only concerned with those who actually have it.. and just wonder what percent of minis is this occurring on??

Why?
Many of us have spent ample time trying it in person..
Is it not relevant to find out if we are not buying it at all rather than buying it and returning it?

Jelly cannot be fixed in software.
It is a result of the design change and it’s on every single Mini 6 - per Apple themselves

Poldermodel

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2021
I wonder why I have no jelly scolling and other people experience it so much. Do they have multiple suppliers of screens?

Reactions: Flabasha

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
I wonder why I have no jelly scolling and other people experience it so much. Do they have multiple suppliers of screens?
It is unlikely in the extreme that a relatively niche device like the iPad mini has multiple screen vendors.

You likely are just not very sensitive to the issue. I’m not either though I did teach myself to see it by going to this site: TestUFO. It might be best to just not worry about it but that isn’t my nature. Once multiple people said they saw a problem, I wanted to know how bad it could be for me. That required that I see it for myself. Luckily, it seems like I can turn on and off the ability to see the jelly scroll at will.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
see this video of my Mini world usage. I’m not asking for perfection, but come on…

View attachment 1852005
I felt mine was worse than this and took a video of it. But in my video it's not as apparent, and in your video I can barely see it. In most of these videos I can't see it unless the video is slowed down.

I wonder if there is a individual persistence of vision interaction here which explains why some cannot see it.

EDIT: So here is my video. I find the effect is not as pronounced on video. In person the phone graphic is bending like a diving board. And of course in landscape it is not there at all.

Last edited:

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Already returned mine, trying to read text or look at images that slant and squiggle while browsing for an hour really was disorienting. If they would have kept the same update direction as the Mini 5 it would have been my favourite device to use.

Using the Mini 5 now and it is so much nicer to browse on for me.

Kobra

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I will keep the Mini 6 despite the jelly. I will mostly use it for iBooks, note taking and forum browsing, so I can live with the screen as it is. However, I will swap my 256 GB for a 64 GB. Before the purchase I pondered on how much storage space I would need. My old Minis have been 64 GB, but all my larger iPads have always been 256 GB. Now, with everything installed on the Mini 6 I’ve only used 36 GB and as it will complement my M1 12.9 Pro a 256 GB is a overkill. I plan to keep it for the next couple of years… or until there’s a Mini 7 with ProMotion display and face ID ?

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Why?
Many of us have spent ample time trying it in person..
Is it not relevant to find out if we are not buying it at all rather than buying it and returning it?

Jelly cannot be fixed in software.
It is a result of the design change and it’s on every single Mini 6 - per Apple themselves
it does seem like it cant be fixed in software, thats the scary part! :/

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.