Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you or will you not return the iPad mini 6 due to the recent reported issues?

• NO! I will keep the iPad mini 6

Votes: 112 61.2%
  • I plan to switch the mini 6 for another iPad such as the air or pro

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Yes I have returned or will rerun the iPad mini 6

Votes: 61 33.3%

• Total voters

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Are you planning on getting the new paperwhite. I’m thinking about it but I wouldn’t want to give up my oasis so then I’d have two kindles.
I haven’t even looked at the specs on the new Paperwhite, but probably not. Just looked and there’s not much about it that is better than my second gen Oasis other than wireless charging. Cost for the better model including a cover (because I always use covers) and tax would be well over $200. If I didn’t have an Oasis (or two) or needed a new Kindle, that new signature edition does look very nice.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I've sold mine as while there were things I loved using it for - eReader; digital notebook; YouTube - the combination of screen and iOS meant I just couldn't seem to make it comfortable for web browsing no matter what I did with the font sizing. I'm not sure how much of that is down to my eyesight and how much is due to things that could be improved if Apple focused on a Mini-specific version of iOS.

Its a brilliant device and I love the form factor, but having given it four week or so, its just not for me which is a shame.

Re the screen, its perfectly fine, but when going back to the device from newer Apple products, I did notice the older tech - less smooth scrolling in particular.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Opposite for me lol. Bought a refurbished iPad Pro 11 after returning my Mini 6 and couldn’t be happier with the screen.
Now Apple, next year please bring this screen quality to the Mini 7!

That is valid too. The 11 is only slightly bigger and heavier than the Mini 6, but has a lot of power. But for me, there is something about the Mini that is so damn appealing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.