Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Algus

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2014
Arizona
Spent to much money on other things this year. By the time I'm feeling good about buying another luxury, we'll be six months into the iPhone 15's life cycle.

And TBH I have:

A. not found anything my iPhone 11 Pro Max can't do and
B. WHERE MY MIDNIGHT GREEN APPLE???

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
Don't really like any of the new colors on the Pro lineup (all a bit too masculine for me) and also I'd then need to get a Ti Apple Watch too because I can't stand if my AW and my phone don't match. :D

And downgrading to a normal 15 turned out to be not viable for me.

NvidiaIntelPC

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2023
13 Pro Max here (since launch), my main reason why I wanted to upgrade (to regular Pro) was the size and bulk.
I found it awkward to handle specialty when taking quick photos one handed (sometimes I do often).also hate carrying in in my jeans pocket.

The other reason being trading value.at this point I can still get half of the original value.
If I wait another year,it will depreciate significantly.

But now I’m not sure because of the weak tintanium coating of 15 Pro and these phones scratching so easily.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes in Apple store that many of them were already full of deep visible scratches.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
I’m not upgrading because I like the industrial style of glass and raw stainless steel. Plus this is a lame update for people who have a 14 with the iPhone having a major update next year.

In addition to being larger, the iPhone 16 will have a fourth camera module. There is no way for Apple to give more telephoto performance without that fourth module. Thus, everyone will instantly know you have the latest and greatest iPhone.

And secretly - That’s what you all want (and me too if I’m honest)… 👍
More camera modules?... sigh

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
My 13 pro max is still going strong and my current device upgrade strategy is to simply use each device into the ground before I replace it with the latest the market has to offer.

I came from the iPhone 8+, which I replaced mainly for the better battery life. I will probably upgrade when my 13 pro max is either no longer supported or no longer meets my needs.

I do plan on getting its battery replaced towards the end of the year, and that’s pretty much it.

GetSwole37

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
iPhone 12 Pro here.

I am at 79% battery. I could use a new battery.

The camera is better on 13 and above than my 12 pro

But that really is it. I use my phone for calls, text, social media and taking pictures. The front camera would be great , but I see people take pics with their new phones and some people just don’t have an eye for taking pictures. I can do way better with my phone and some editing if needed.

next year is the last year when my iPhone 12 Pro will be eligible for $700-830 credit or max value. The 11’s still fetch this amount, but anything less is set to $350. This means that I am in a four year update program really and that is perfectly fine.

when phones were cheap, it wasn’t bad upgrading every couple of years , but now has doubled. I don’t replace a laptop every 3-4 years, which is what my phone has become, so why would I do it on a phone?

The incremental update are so minimal, it doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Well, I have a 12 non pro. Battery health has been at 84% for almost a year now. I tried the 15PM all weekend, didn't care for size. Returned it and was thinking of getting the 15 Pro but will wait and see how it all plays out with heat issues. If it is magically fixed with software update, it will be interesting to see what it does to CPU/GPU performance. The camera in the 15 pro was nice though, much nicer than the 12 lol.

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Not around 3029.

HN is out of the question for me because I have the 15% off Ultimate GCs that work only in OW and JB.

Update: Ended up ordering a 15 Plus 128GB Black.

After the 15% discount and selling my 14 Pro 256GB Purple, I'd be paying only $110 AUD out of my pocket.

Longer battery life and size at the expense of a lower frequency display, should be ok. I am using only 103 GB storage, 128GB should be enough.

Act3

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2014
USA
Update: Ended up ordering a 15 Plus 128GB Black.

After the 15% discount and selling my 14 Pro 256GB Purple, I'd be paying only $110 AUD out of my pocket.

Longer battery life and size at the expense of a lower frequency display, should be ok. I am using only 103 GB storage, 128GB should be enough.
Interesting the plus weighs less than your 14 pro. Giving up the 3X zoom but getting a larger display and longer battery. And no heat issues. Let us know how you like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrightCanon

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
Interesting the plus weighs less than your 14 pro. Giving up the 3X zoom but getting a larger display and longer battery. And no heat issues. Let us know how you like it.

As I wrote in another topic, I just point and click. Don't remember ever zooming in the last 1 year of using my 14 Pro.

So won't be missing that aspect.

The phone should arrive between the 11th - 16th of next month.

Reactions: Act3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.