Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Also, if they happen to be a student, they can purchase the entire Pro Apps package (FCP, Logic Pro, Compressor, Motion and MainStage) for $199.

And as far as I am aware they don't even verify you are a student.

Reactions: JustAnExpat

T.Mash

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2024
Final Cut Pro is really trash even though I paid for it. I use Premiere Pr and DaVinci Resolve Studio. I actually rely on these to pay my bills. They are great apps. Okay Final Cut Pro may not actually be trash - my bad. I just am not a fan of the workflow. It's weird and biggy to me.
Resolve is FREE! Try it

TBoneMac

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2017
CA
Really it costs as much as a game console yet every youtuber I watched even the simplest housewife has final cut pro on her MacBook. Sorry but you will never see me pay $300+tax for one app that I would most likely won't even use as much. I would rather just pay a subscription like I do with SetApp. I pay yearly which gives me over 200 apps with free updates.
most likely because they enjoy the features and it’s arguably one of the best softwares especially for it’s price. Same goes for Apples music making software Logic Pro.

It’s harder for me to trust someone like that one guy JerryRigEverything because he constantly hates on Apple products like when he mentioned the iPad Pros bending “problem”. Most devices would break if you “bent” them in any way. The fact that the iPads can bend and still work flawlessly is a feat not a flaw.

personally I think he gets paid to disparage apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.