Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
@BigMcGuire - the 7 isn't included in the software yet. Apple said they would add it later, but that doesn't mean they think they have bad batteries. It means they thought they found a way to allow the device to last longer than it otherwise would without a battery change.
FWIW:

“We recently extended the same support for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in iOS 11.2.”

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I much prefer Apple giving us full performance. Imagine if the root of this story was that Apple was throttling people 100% of the time, in order to extend batteries. I bet the outrage would be far greater than it is now.
Isn't that the entire point of the big.LITTLE like architecture on A10 Fusion and newer? The devices use the slower cores almost the entire time only switching to the fast cores when performance is needed.

Personally, what I find interesting is that the "slow" cores on the A10 Fusion seem to perform at A8 level while on the A11 Bionic, the "slow" cores are by my estimates around A9. That's pretty good improvement in power efficiency.

Android phones have had big.LITTLE longer than Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.