Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Vision Pro the product is dramatically different from its marketing which is unusual for Apple. But it has to be, because the product itself is not very good, and Apple is trying to push it. What we're seeing here is the peak of this ongoing social experiment of what can Apple convince people to buy and use. They overshot by a large margin here, and it's not working out so well.
Not the impression I got from my demo this weekend. A bit of hyperbole and exaggeration, yes. Dramatically different, no. It felt more or less like what I expected from the publicity over the product.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Not the impression I got from my demo this weekend. A bit of hyperbole and exaggeration, yes. Dramatically different, no. It felt more or less like what I expected from the publicity over the product.

Agreed, it’s always very obvious on these forums who has tried the product and who hasn’t. The biggest thing that Apple was misleading about was the Eyesight feature and maybe the FOV. The former is probably due to how hard it is to capture on camera, and the latter is something every single VR headset maker is guilty of in their marketing.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Agreed, it’s always very obvious on these forums who has tried the product and who hasn’t. The biggest thing that Apple was misleading about was the Eyesight feature and maybe the FOV. The former is probably due to how hard it is to capture on camera, and the latter is something every single VR headset maker is guilty of in their marketing.
Eyesight, I thought was a needless feature from the moment I heard about it. Oh, and you can't try it during the demo. I went with a friend and we took turns doing the demo, and I didn't feel odd talking to my friend while he was wearing the VP. I suspect it'll be like when the Apple Earbuds first came out. At first, people thought it was odd-looking, but it quickly became unremarkable.

FOV didn't bother me. It might if I'm trying to watch a movie in large size, but when I'm working with apps, I'm concentrating on the app window in front of me, so FOV doesn't matter.

Reactions: Abazigal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.