Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
I'm heartbroken that I won't get to see you dig your hole deeper. Just devastated.
I know your precious ego won’t permit me to have the last word, but a good example of real wireless charging would be the Apple MagSafe Battery Pack. Although not ‘contactless’ it does in fact provide wireless charging in the true meaning of the word ‘wireless’.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I know your precious ego won’t permit me to have the last word, but a good example of real wireless charging would be the Apple MagSafe Battery Pack. Although not ‘contactless’ it does in fact provide wireless charging in the true meaning of the word ‘wireless’.

You're the one who said you were done "wasting time" with me. Guess that was a lie, because here you are yet again. It appears it's your precious ego that's an issue, not mine. I never said I was done.

Here's another good example of real wireless charging: MagSafe. Every night when I come home from work (or need to charge during the day), no wire touches my iPhone.

• Haha
Reactions: Barbareren

GSWForever8

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2021
MagSafe is only good for overnight. If I need something fast, I do it wired. It really depends on your preference.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
First of all don't buy apple chargers. Buy anyway 20watt charger usb-c charger on amazon they all work the same. Currently have anker and ravpower in my house and cars. Same with cables. Anything but apple. They all work the same why spend more.
Regular MagSafe is lame. I sold mine. It heats up my phone uncomfortably hot. LIKE AN IRON. Get an anger 7.5w magnetic charger. Same thing. Because the MagSafe heats up the charger curve tapers off and basically they top off an iPhone almost the same amount. If you want to fast charge, 20watt with usb-c. If you want to waste money get the magsafe.

I will admit I did buy the MagSafe backpack charger and that was pretty cool I like it with my mini.

Reactions: TwoLaneHighway

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
First of all don't buy apple chargers. Buy anyway 20watt charger usb-c charger on amazon they all work the same. Currently have anker and ravpower in my house and cars. Same with cables. Anything but apple. They all work the same why spend more.
Really? Every time I’ve bought an unofficial cable they’ve always failed on me after a short period of time, and the unofficial chargers haven’t worked as well as the official ones… (not arguing, just my personal experiences. Otherwise I agree with you)

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
If you plan to use it like me then go ahead. I put my Magsafe on a Nillkin Dock. So everytime i sit down i place my phone there.

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
Really? Every time I’ve bought an unofficial cable they’ve always failed on me after a short period of time, and the unofficial chargers haven’t worked as well as the official ones… (not arguing, just my personal experiences. Otherwise I agree with you)
High-end third-party accessories are way better than Apple accessories.
Don't get me wrong, that does not mean Apple is bad, it's just that there are better options elsewere and ofc avoid non MFI certified accessories. Third party is a whole market, there is very low quality (avoid because non viable) and high end work as well as officiel but power adapter is smaller (Anker nano for example) and cable are way more resistant for the long run while functionning the exact same as official (Syncwire, Anker etc etc)

People who blindly think every third party accessories are worse than Apple are completly wrong, it's just require a little more investigation to pick the best ones rather than buy it from Apple. That's all.
IMO worst part are Apple cable except the long one which is way more expansive, it is also more durable and rigid than the standard 1m one, i don't know why but 2m Apple quality is good while 1m Apple wire durability is very poor compared to high-end competition.

For instance for a deep dive comparison on best cable to fast charge lastest iPhone, check this comparison :

Worlrl

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2020
By the way, you can get a better camera with less money if the only reason you buy it is for video shooting

Reactions: rob1234

matt_and_187_like_this

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Neither Apples Sales nor Apple Support can tell me how much faster or better the MagSafe charger is for an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I am looking to purchase.

There are actual guidelines what Apple employees are not allowed to talk about and words they should not use.
The product sucks and they are probably not allowed to tell you how slow it is.

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
You're the one who said you were done "wasting time" with me. Guess that was a lie, because here you are yet again. It appears it's your precious ego that's an issue, not mine. I never said I was done.

Here's another good example of real wireless charging: MagSafe. Every night when I come home from work (or need to charge during the day), no wire touches my iPhone.

I see a cat-fight broke out over night while I slept...

If only people would be so passionate in the Video forum where no one has responded to my thread in a week. *sigh*

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West

That is what everyone has told me as well.

It also seems that I once bought a no-name cable at Walgreens, and it wouldn't charge my iPhone properly.

Either way, cables are so cheap and last so long, I personally just prefer buying them from Apple when I get a new device and then I don't have to worry.

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
By the way, you can get a better camera with less money if the only reason you buy it is for video shooting

OFF TOPIC:
Thank you for the comment. That is a whole other thread, but suffice it to say, the reason I use iPhones for video now is because of the mobility and because I can get street interviews with an iPhone whereas I know I owuldn't get them with a camera.

It's a tradeoff, but thanks for the side suggestion.

Reactions: Worlrl

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
There are actual guidelines what Apple employees are not allowed to talk about and words they should not use.
The product sucks and they are probably not allowed to tell you how slow it is.

Yeah, I don't doubt that "Big Brother" controls Apple employees every move.

But it is also likely just ignorance.

I love Apple products, but in the last 10 years, I rarely walk away from talking with an Apple employee in a store or on the phone and think, "Wow, that person was so knowledgeable!"

Sadly, most retail Apple employees are in the high-turnover, retail/fast-food category.

By contrast, I have been following MacRumors for a long time, and there are clearly TONS of Apple "geniuses" here!! :apple::apple::apple:

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
I stopped reading right there.

Sometimes the truth hurts...

It's a generational thing.

It's also an expectation thing.

People with low goals and expectations in life are often happier.

And they definitely are better suited for the modern world, because they are never disappointed in the world's failings.

"Life is Good" and "Good Vibes" make great T-shirt designs, but for the rest of us who actually give a crap, and EXPECT a certain level of quality in humans and life in general, the current world - including Apple Sales and Tech employees - doesn't cut it...

• Angry
Reactions: Wayfarer

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
I bought 2 MagSafe chargers and I’ll tell you exactly why.

1. I stuck one down on my bedside table with double sided tape so that my cats can’t knock my phone down while I’m sleeping.

2. bought one for my car and used double sided tape and stuck it to my dashboard not only for charging, but for a place to set my phone down while I drive. It also comes in handy for GPS.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I see a cat-fight broke out over night while I slept...

Sorry, but someone was wrong on the Internet. You know how that goes ?

If only people would be so passionate in the Video forum where no one has responded to my thread in a week. *sigh*

I know the feeling. There are threads I've posted in the past where I think surely a flood of responses will come in (because it seems like it would be a common topic) yet I sometimes receive no replies or the replies I do receive repeat info I already know or stated.

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
I bought 2 MagSafe chargers and I’ll tell you exactly why.

1. I stuck one down on my bedside table with double sided tape so that my cats can’t knock my phone down while I’m sleeping.

2. bought one for my car and used double sided tape and stuck it to my dashboard not only for charging, but for a place to set my phone down while I drive. It also comes in handy for GPS.

Very practical applications for your needs!

(Another reason to not own cats!) *LOL*

Glad you like your two MagSafes! :)

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017

And they definitely are better suited for the modern world, because they are never disappointed in the world's failings.

"Life is Good" and "Good Vibes" make great T-shirt designs, but for the rest of us who actually give a crap, and EXPECT a certain level of quality in humans and life in general, the current world - including Apple Sales and Tech employees - doesn't cut it...

I've rarely had to call Apple Support (most questions or problems can be answered on their website or by Internet searches), but the 1-2 times I did, they were very helpful and professional.

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
Sorry, but someone was wrong on the Internet. You know how that goes ?

*LOL*

All I know is I looked at my Alerts this morning, and I saw like 6 "Angry" emoticons?! :eek:

Glad I didn't get into the thick of things last night!

I know the feeling. There are threads I've posted in the past where I think surely a flood of responses will come in (because it seems like it would be a common topic) yet I sometimes receive no replies or the replies I do receive repeat info I already know or stated.

Yeah, it's amazing that once you post something that someone passionately disagrees with, or you step on someone's toe, then there is a FLOOD of posts in a thread! *LOL*

If only people were as passionate about video...

I used to browse MacRumors in the past, and it seems like things have slowed way down?

If memory serves me right, there used to be tons of posts in the Photography and Video forums, and at the Video forum now seems absolutely dead.

I wonder if traffic has subsided now that our former President - I don't think I'm allowed to post his name due to the TOS - is out of office?

People are strange...

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Very practical applications for your needs!

(Another reason to not own cats!) *LOL*

Glad you like your two MagSafes! :)
I say bedside table, but it's really just a shelf, so there's very little room and the cats tend to crawl around on it while I'm sleeping, so I'm afraid they'll jump up there and kick it down accidentally. I don't use a case, so my iPhone is quite slippery. The magnets keep it safe.

TwoLaneHighway

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 22, 2021
Out West
I've rarely had to call Apple Support (most questions or problems can be answered on their website or by Internet searches), but the 1-2 times I did, they were very helpful and professional.

I have had some helpful people on the phone in the past, but definitely not with the 3 people I spoke with yesterday. And in general, I stick to what I said above.

if you want "expert" support, come to MacRumors... :cool:

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I have had some helpful people on the phone in the past, but definitely not with the 3 people I spoke with yesterday. And in general, I stick to what I said above.

if you want "expert" support, come to MacRumors... :cool:

Sorry your experience wasn't great. I hope they were at least cordial with you. At work, I've had to deal with tech support for access control systems and such, and some of them are very unprofessional and sounded like they were just miserable to be helping a customer over the phone - like they couldn't wait to mark the case as "resolved" and get off the phone. I mean, I'm no stranger to occasional bad moods or irritation with people, but I can at least muster up some professionalism and feaux enthusiasm when talking to customers - even if inside I want to strangle them, LOL!

Lwii2boo

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Paris, France
That is what everyone has told me as well.

It also seems that I once bought a no-name cable at Walgreens, and it wouldn't charge my iPhone properly.

Either way, cables are so cheap and last so long, I personally just prefer buying them from Apple when I get a new device and then I don't have to worry.
When people spend time to give you an educated picture on third party accessories, the bare minimum is to take it into consideration.

A sample size of one cable you once bought + few random non-educated people means zero. Plus third party market is very different from no-name to high quality product (above Apple).

People who religiously think Apple is best for accessories are non informed, lazy to seek other options - and I get it since it's just accessories - or naive.

Reactions: Saladin12

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021

You're giving off a certain vibe, whether you mean to or not. I understand you may have had a poor experience with Apple sales support but you seem hell bent into turning this into something that it doesn't need to be. No need to speak down, look down, or comment in the way you are about sales support or fast food employees. You used absolutes in your first post:
First let me start by saying that Apple Sales and Apple Support are totally useless... (It's were all the people who couldn't get hired in fast-food go!!)

People are more than happy to give you advice and converse on this thread, including myself. I hope you've found, or do find the answers and conversations you've been looking for - but I, for one, will be unsubscribing from this thread. Best of luck, mate.

Reactions: Lwii2boo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.