Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixel_junkie

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2015
The solution already exists - togles for every icon/function. The user desides what to put there (perfectly implemented on the Pixel phones). Can’t push your developers even that much, huh Apple? Nice

mavis

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I agree that my two minute mock-up leaves a bit to be desired, but rather than critiquing my lack of Photoshop skills, I'm more interested in hearing what you guys think of the CONCEPT. :)

Reactions: D.T.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I agree that my two minute mock-up leaves a bit to be desired, but rather than critiquing my lack of Photoshop skills, I'm more interested in hearing what you guys think of the CONCEPT. :)
The internet would be a much better place if people, instead of reflex-responding with a negative-toned 'I don't like it', they offered a productive suggestion on how they could improve the idea...treat it like a think-tank. :D

Reactions: D.T.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Anyone who thinks adding this makes it cramped and can't manage to interpret some more icons must have the intellectual capacity of a parsnip.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
We all know exactly what will happen... nothing! The wifi toggle in control Center is a complete joke too, it doesn’t turn off wifi but rather disconnects it..... REALLY APPLE??!!
Plenty of people like and prefer the new behavior actually, just like plenty don't.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The internet would be a much better place if people, instead of reflex-responding with a negative-toned 'I don't like it', they offered a productive suggestion on how they could improve the idea...treat it like a think-tank. :D

I know you're not responding to me, however my view on your post is you're also not grasping that's how Internet forums can be, because not everybody has to have a suggestion or feedback to improve something to state their own opinion on what they like or dislike.. You're going to find that there are those who disapprove of something and they voice their opinion on a tech forum. And it's not always easy to decipher a negative tone through text, nor does everyone share your viewpoints.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Plenty of people like and prefer the new behavior actually, just like plenty don't.
There is ONLY one use for it and it’s for airdrop other than that it’s a complete boneheaded feature! Please fill me in on my ignorance if I have missed something and the purpose of the feature?? What exactly is there to like??

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I'll probably be in the minority here, but I prefer the way Apple handled it. I turned off battery percentage a few years ago, and just concern myself with the battery lasting until the end of my day. If the phone makes it, no reason to stress over why it's dropped a percent or two doing various tasks. I think the OP's drawing is far too cluttered, and would add nothing to my experience.

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
I wonder if Apple are moving the icons around as a protective measure, which would require room to move within.

If you have one of these, perhaps you check the idea?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I kind of like the minimal, clean, neat look.... I don't want it to look like android status bars which are a cluttered mess like the rest of the OS.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There is ONLY one use for it and it’s for airdrop other than that it’s a complete boneheaded feature! Please fill me in on my ignorance if I have missed something and the purpose of the feature?? What exactly is there to like??
Not to rehash it all after many threads have done it already, and since it's essentially not related to the actual topic of this thread, you can see different takes on it in various threads about it all, like at https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...gled-off-in-control-center-on-ios-11.2069705/

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
Not sure I follow what you mean.

To avoid burning in, e.g., the battery indicator, one approach would be to move it around. You can’t do that unless there’s some space for it to move into without disappearing off-screen.

So the question is: are the notch icons being moved around in that notch space?

Probably nothing is on the screen quite as much as those indicators at the top, so they would be prime candidates for countermeasures. Note: I do appreciate they are not always white.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
To avoid burning in, e.g., the battery indicator, one approach would be to move it around. You can’t do that unless there’s some space for it to move into without disappearing off-screen.

So the question is: are the notch icons being moved around in that notch space?

Probably nothing is on the screen quite as much as those indicators at the top, so they would be prime candidates for countermeasures. Note: I do appreciate they are not always white.
Samsung does this on the Always on lock screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.