Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will iOS 13 make or break your next iPhone decision?

• Yes

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 66.4%
  • Other - Why?

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

There are still over 200 updates shared between iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.

It’s not exactly like iOS 13 got 3 or 4 updates. iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 share over 200 new features.

I’ll admit that the keynote didn’t explain the shared updates, though. For instance, external drive support and the additional editing gestures were explained on iPadOS without really explaining that they were also available on iOS.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
You people constantly complaining about not being able to move your app icons anywhere you want on the home screen or place big ugly redundant widgets on the home screen need to just give it up and go to Android. There's is absolutely nothing wrong with the iOS home screen. It's a phone. You're not supposed to be sitting there staring at the home screen. You're supposed to be quickly getting into whatever app you need to and getting whatever task you need to get done, done. The home screen on iOS is incredibly efficient at allowing you to get stuff done. Somethings become refined and perfected over the years. They don't need to be completely overhauled just because you're bored.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Dude. Stop it.
There are bunch of kids here are happy with this same pathetic old design.

Just dont. god. 13 years.

I watched whole show just in case they might be joking about same home screen.

we've been waiting home screen-dashboard-lockscreen change on ios 12

they did not. then said we've been doing performance stuff, we said ... ok.... then....

guess what, they did not changed it on ios 13 either.

I still cant believe what apple has become, unbelieveable. un****ingbelieveable.
unacceptable on 2019.

Scott Forstall probably laughing now seeing what ios has become. same icons. god.
View attachment 842007

I swear to god, give us old skeumorph design, we will be happier, it was more benched, worked ui.
Lol.
I wonder if there is a tweak in jailbreak that Changes the icon pack to this old skeuomorphism design and see how it works on iOS 12. Or better yet, the entire system (ignoring third party apps).
The fact that Apple does nothing about refreshing the home screen probably says something: there aren’t enough people wanting this so desperately like having USB drive support or removing that ugly volume hud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.